New Lari Basilio Signature Ibanez

A coincidence in contours and tint. Last year I was very close to pull the trigger for a Schecter PT Special or a PT Pro

PT%20Special%20Purple%20Burst%20Pearl%20TILT.png

PT%20PRO%20TPB%20863%20TILT.png

But I finally got a very cheap (but outstanding quality) second hand Hallraiser C-1 Special and swapped the Pups for P90

Pickup switching seems very cool.
Anybody have a guitar that uses it?

I have an Ibanez AZ 2204 (that I wanted to sell but I've deply fallen in love with) that has the same switching options.

It is a cool feature and you can get a lot of usable tones but TO ME it tends a bit towards the gimmicky aspects of the spectrum rather than the totally useful one.

I'd rather having it than not to be honest though.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think it's very girlie looking to be a big hit, as 99% of guitarists are dudes.

She's a top player and deserves a sig model that's for sure. I'm a bit surprised that her and Josh Smith have gone with Ibanez though.

Tell that to all the JEM/RG guys who have been playing neon pink or floral pattern guitars for the last 34 years. ;)

A coincidence in contours and tint. Last year I was very close to pull the trigger for a Schecter PT Special or a PT Pro

PT%20Special%20Purple%20Burst%20Pearl%20TILT.png

PT%20PRO%20TPB%20863%20TILT.png

But I finally got a very cheap (but outstanding quality) second hand Hallraiser C-1 Special and swapped the Pups for P90
I've been watching one just like the 1st one above for several months on Reverb :)

I'm not really a fan of the relics (real or faked)... But at least in that case the whole guitar has the same look.

I newish guitar with oxidized and worn gold hardware just looks bad.

Strongly agreed. (That Strat was Gilmour’s #0001 Strat, not a relic)

I dig relics, I just hate the ones that have a perfect finish on it and they sanded down the arm contour or just threw some keys at it a few times. If the whole damn thing looks minty, minus a couple dents and chips, it just looks like a teenager’s guitar.

That pink Vai Pia is a no no for me

Same here. I’m a huge JEM fan and dig the PIA’s (especially the new black one) but the neon stuff never did it for me, except the neon green because neon green is my favorite color.

Suhr has a terrible track record when it comes to keeping signature artists. Guthrie Govan, Tom Quayle, and now Lari Basilio. Their artist endorsement deal must be very poor compared to the competition.

Congrats to Lari on the sig. model. She's a great player and also comes arcross as a very nice person.
Nothing strange about this.
Ibanez or Charvel (Fender) are much bigger companies compared to Suhr.
These companies can offer the artists deals/visibillity that Suhr can't compete with.
This is just how business works.
I prefer Suhrs to Ibanez really, Had over 20 Suhrs and they are still my favourites along with Tylers.

The Edge locknut and gold knobs that Ibanez use are stock Gotoh catalog items. I agree that they don't hold up well. ROHS has caused some plating to be pretty bad over the years . I was not long ago the Gotoh stopped making Black until they came up with an alternative way or doing it. Models from some years are far worse than others and this is the reason.

Browse images of second hand Jem 7V and look at the bridge. It is very difficult to find one in decent condition.

img_0620.jpg

Hahahaha, that’s nothin! Mine’s a ’97, I swapped the Lo-Pro out for an original Edge around 1999 and it was in much better condition back then. I’m not sure exactly how old the Edge is, I seem to remember the original owner saying it came off a ‘93 Ibanez but I can’t remember the model Of the guitar. It could be over 30 years old for all I know, but the damn thing returns to pitch every time! I can’t believe the knife edges are still good to go, I used to break whammy bars off in the thing pretending I was Steve Vai (I was 15).

After 24 years of a lot of abuse, the whole guitar is quite worn and beat up, so the trem doesn’t really look out of place. It’d actually look odd if I put a shiny new one on there.

Attachments

• 1FC15E57-D3E9-412F-AA1A-723976E09E5E.jpeg
    1FC15E57-D3E9-412F-AA1A-723976E09E5E.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 28EB060F-A45C-42D7-BF89-EDD04F48A9A3.jpeg
    28EB060F-A45C-42D7-BF89-EDD04F48A9A3.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
I really don't think the tarnished and sightly peeled look is so bad. It's not the same vibe as pristine gold, but it's cool in is own way. I have a guitar with a lot of tarnished brass, and I'm good with that.

Also, there's a lot I really like about Lari's model, I wouldn't let that get in the way. Price though probably would...

Nothing strange about this.
Ibanez or Charvel (Fender) are much bigger companies compared to Suhr.
These companies can offer the artists deals/visibillity that Suhr can't compete with.
This is just how business works.
I prefer Suhrs to Ibanez really, Had over 20 Suhrs and they are still my favourites along with Tylers.

Isn’t music man on the same league? Admittedly petrucci has hiven them exposure bit before that they had Albert Lee, Steve Morse, Petrucci, Eddie van Halen, Johnny Hiland, Steve Lukather,etc. They really had something appealing for all these guys.

Back
Top Bottom