New Lari Basilio Signature Ibanez

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think it's very girlie looking to be a big hit, as 99% of guitarists are dudes.

She's a top player and deserves a sig model that's for sure. I'm a bit surprised that her and Josh Smith have gone with Ibanez though.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think it's very girlie looking to be a big hit, as 99% of guitarists are dudes.
Why - because of the color? I have a purple Suhr, a pink Charvel and a burgundy mist partscaster Tele...

I'm very interested - color aside (which wouldn't bother me at all) - the HSS Tele style with trem, plus the roasted maple neck, etc look great.

My only complaint would be the gold hardware... It looks great when new but rarely ages well.
She's a top player and deserves a sig model that's for sure. I'm a bit surprised that her and Josh Smith have gone with Ibanez though.
Again, why? Lots a great new Ibanez endorsees these days like Tom Quayle, Martin Miller, etc.

Why - because of the color? I have a purple Suhr, a pink Charvel and a burgundy mist partscaster Tele...

I'm very interested - color aside (which wouldn't bother me at all) - the HSS Tele style with trem, plus the roasted maple neck, etc look great.

My only complaint would be the gold hardware... It looks great when new but rarely ages well.

Again, why? Lots a great new Ibanez endorsees these days like Tom Quayle, Martin Miller, etc.
Well, I always seen Lari playing Suhr guitars and they were uber fancy, not the standard ones and Josh is a Tele man, which isn't exactly an Ibanez strong point.

Well, I always seen Lari playing Suhr guitars and they were uber fancy, not the standard ones and Josh is a Tele man, which isn't exactly an Ibanez strong point.
Are you sure about that? Most of her videos in the last few years are Ibanez...

People seem to confuse them with Suhr because of the headstock shape. I had the same conversation with someone else here not too long ago...

Ibanez has been making Tele style guitars since the 70's "lawsuit" era... While it's not something that is their primary focus, they can make great guitars so I'm sure they will produce a great one for Josh.

Are you sure about that? Most of her videos in the last few years are Ibanez...

People seem to confuse them with Suhr because of the headstock shape. I had the same conversation with someone else here not too long ago...

Ibanez has been making Tele style guitars since the 70's "lawsuit" era... While it's not something that is their primary focus, they can make great guitars so I'm sure they will produce a great one for Josh.
I'm an ibanez fan with a JS1000, JS1200, J Custom and JS2450 on the way.

Pretty sure I've seen her with lots of different Suhr

Suhr has a terrible track record when it comes to keeping signature artists. Guthrie Govan, Tom Quayle, and now Lari Basilio. Their artist endorsement deal must be very poor compared to the competition.

Congrats to Lari on the sig. model. She's a great player and also comes arcross as a very nice person.

I like it. It is really cool.

My question is: have they already been able to make a gold hardware that doesn't wear out?

The bridge of one of the most expensive guitar I've owned, the Jem 7V, did look like shit after just a couple of months. I hate that

My question is: have they already been able to make a gold hardware that doesn't wear out?

The bridge of one of the most expensive guitar I've owned, the Jem 7V, did look like shit after just a couple of months. I hate that
I haven't come across it. The Gotoh hardware on one of my Suhrs has also started to rub off. Most noticable on the volume knob and low E saddle. But that has taken years, not months.

No way to see it as lived-in, road-worn, aged, any other complementary adjective?

Back
Top Bottom