New Klon has bumped allother OD's!

This new creation is amazing. Low gain setting as well as a little more hair is just right! Thank you FAS for hearing us. The 'just use a FET' did not even come close.
Very happy with t h enew tones!
What kind of tones are you using it for? And what settings do you use?

I'm really appreciative of the new klone as well. Using it on a on my top 3 presets (princeton, plexi, vox). Sounds good out of the gate with very little adjustment.

I love the new Klon but none of you guys are "correcting" the hyper high cut EQ set at the default of 495 hz? I have to double click it at least to get it to a good default (10k) to open up the Klon's tonal magic.

I love the new Klon but none of you guys are "correcting" the hyper high cut EQ set at the default of 495 hz? I have to double click it at least to get it to a good default (10k) to open up the Klon's tonal magic.
Lots of drives work great with an aggressive high cut.

Last edited:
@Greg Jones
There are a bunch of places in the Klon circuit where there are low cut and high cut filters. Notably, R20 and C23 in the summing opamp stage form a RC lowpass filter that passes everything below 495 Hz. Increasing the value of C13 by ~4 percent shifts the lowpass filter to 474 Hz. Depending on the type of capacitor used for C13, a tolerance of 10-20% would be expected, so a 4% deviation from the schematic would not be uncommon. So that's one possible explanation.

img20D.jpg

Yup, our reference pedal measured 474 Hz.

I can't wait until it comes to the FM3, or my name gets called on the FM9 waitlist (whichever comes first) It was the only drive model I used back in my Helix days. That's probably the one thing I do miss from the Helix. Now that it's come to Fractal, I won't even miss that.

Back
Top Bottom