New Keith Urban Amp

the urban cab is actually really nice....especially if you run it with the new doubleverb r121, which is the next one in the list. both of those together in a stereo cab block work really well. the urban is quite dark, but has a really sweet middle and the doubleverb is quite bright, so you still get the chimes. i run that combo with the doubleverb amp in my fender preset. sounds great.

Never use the enhancer block.. cool sounding, but weird in a mix..
... reverb i tend to go for is Rec C

Man I went thru last night and tried all the non master volume amps with the input on 10 and that bass on 0. I really dug it. The Keith amp was definitely hot with ur cab pack 8 recs. I'm pretty sure I don't know what the hell I'm doing with the axe. I just turn some knobs until it sounds good, but apparently I'm not too good at that either. Thanks for the tip. Wake up and learn everyday!

To me I was entering Derek trucks tone land, which is just fine by me. Cheers

Actually it was pretty easy. I replaced some mixed IR's I slapped together about 6 firmwares ago that I no longer use. #99 & #100.

Good for you. I never know which ones to use. There are so many great quality IRs and they all sound good. I just go into choice overload and postpone it until another day.

I swapped my favorite cleanish preset with the Keith Urban amp to see if i would also fall in love with it. To be quite honest with you i didn't find that amp to be anything special. Now i am NOT saying that this amp inst a gem. i just tweaked for a few minutes but no magic. Can someone post some presets, clips or even just some solid settings so that i can get into the ball park? i am using a Fender American Deluxe with Vintage pickups. i am looking for a clean to edge of break up sound. Thanks!!

edit: I am using TAF_WAT_MIX IR - perhaps there is a more appropriate IR for this Amp.

I think that trying some of Tyler's suggestions will likely be helpful, but is it the type of amp you usually enjoy? It definitely is up my alley and probably will sound very nice with one of the Texas Star IRs (I bought the cab pack with those, but I think there's at least one of those up around Factory 104, I think? Also if you want to make it break up a lot more, Fenders are great with pedals!

Back
Top Bottom