New Journey CD with AxeFX...

flyingfadr

Power User
The new Journey CD is out, with Fractal Audio in the "Thank you" section... anyone know if he used his AxeFX for the full album ?

Last I heard he's using the Ultra for FX only, so I would assume it's figured prominently.

fatandugly: LOVE the signature...

Ron

Last I heard he's using the Ultra for FX only

Not sure where you heard this, but it isn't true.

Neal runs both amp and cab sims, and also uses a real Blackstar amp alongside the Axe-Fx rig. We recently spent a few days together. .

-Matt

Neal runs both amp and cab sims, and also uses a real Blackstar amp alongside the Axe-Fx rig. We recently spent a few days together. .

-Matt

Matt could you elaborate more on his setup. I read similar in the Lounge thread to that interview. So is he running amp/cab sims to FOH and then also has the Blackstar. Is the Blackstar mic'd and sent to FOH. I would love to know more detail.

-Matt

Great info Matt! Any more details? I read where he was using 3rd Power amps too but nothing better than someone being there to witness exactly what he was doing.

Last edited:
In an interview he said live he's only using the blackstar so he clearly (and educated-ly (is that a word?) changed his mind)

-Matt

Didn't keep up after the initial (unconfirmed) reports...so my bad.

Ron

In an interview he said live he's only using the blackstar so he clearly (and educated-ly (is that a word?) changed his mind)

"But I'll tell you something. Lately – and I think they sound amazing in the studio and on this record – I've been using the Fractal Axe-Fx. The thing's amazing! I'm so blown away by this unit and the guys who built it. Vai uses it, Steve Stevens uses it, Dweezil Zappa… I saw Dweezil on TV the other night, and he had the most incredible guitar sound coming through a TV speaker, and I looked at what he was using and it was the Fractal. I'm working with the people in the company, and I can't say enough good things about them.

"Live, I do use a real amp, a Blackstar Series One 100-watt head, which goes direct as a stereo send into the PA. I record with the Blackstar and a 4x12 cabinet – we use a couple of different mics on that. That's pretty much it, the Blackstar, the Fractal and a wah-wah in front of it."

Back
Top Bottom