New Jamstik MIDI Guitar

Dude, definitely let us know how this works for you. I've wanted a decent MIDI guitar forever. No such thing has existed so far.
Yeah, closest I got (and still have ) is the legendary Casio PG-380 from the late 80s...with those shitty little DIN switches for the various MIDI con figs...cheesy onboard synth tones and basically the Ibanez-factory precursor to all those SuperStrats they made later .

Yeah, closest I got (and still have ) is the legendary Casio PG-380 from the late 80s...with those shitty little DIN switches for the various MIDI con figs...cheesy onboard synth tones and basically the Ibanez-factory precursor to all those SuperStrats they made later .

The best I ever used was the Beetle Quantar in the mid/late 80s. It tracked fantastically. It did not do pitch-to-MIDI. It used sonar. All the strings were the same gauge so it couldn't be a regular guitar per se. I think they were all .012 or something - you could tune it however you wanted though. It had some little transducers in the bridge assembly that failed a lot though. I got them to send me spares. Eventually it was dead after they went out of business. So I smashed it. The problem is that Beetle got swatted down by Yamaha with their crappy version of this technology - G10. So the Quantar was like a real guitar made of wood and the Yamaha was like a Guitar Hero controller or something and the Quantar lost. Basically, we could have a decent MIDI guitar if it wasn't for Yamaha.

Back
Top Bottom