New Iron Maiden: The Writing on the Wall

Well, its already a far more entertaining animation then Kevin Smith's latest abomination. And the music was.... okay. A little different but that's okay. I'm not sure if it will stick though. Maiden has most definitely reached that stage in their career where every new album is just an excuse to trot out their greatest hits. Because that's the only thing the audience wants to hear. They're not going to write another Fear of the Dark. Although I did like the three albums they did when they reunited with Bruce and Adrian.

As for favorite Maiden album, Virtual IX. Not because its their best or because I like Blaze Bailey. What were they smoking when they thought Blaze would be a good fit for their band? But I had such low expectations first listening to that album, and I was so massively surprised. There's some really good shit on that album. And Clansman rocks when performed with Bruce. Only Angel and the Gambler is an utter shite song. Also their guitars sound really low gain crunchy at that album. Lowest gain on any Maiden album I think. So yeah, their classic run of albums in the 80's is obviously their best period, but Virtual IX impressed me as I really thought it was going to be utter shite.

Glad to see they are still doing it, personally didn't like the song, however there's an album also so here's hoping for something that gets my head banging.

Back
Top Bottom