New Iron Maiden: The Writing on the Wall

I watched this the other day and can say, without hyperbole, that that is the coolest, greatest video I've ever seen. Although the subject matter is a little dire and may be a harbinger of things to come if we don't get it together, I like how 'on the nose' it was as far as getting a point across. I also love the production and the 'look' of the animation...all in all, I was very impressed, both technically/visually and with the story, and have watched the video several times now.

I like the mid-tempo groove of the song and love the guitar solos, particularly Adrian's...and it's always a very cool thing to have new music from Iron Maiden after all these years...love those guys!

Who would have thought Eddie was going to be the saviour of us all heh???

This is not entirely what I'm expecting to hear when I cue up a new Iron Maiden song. I can't say it is bad, but it just didn't connect with me. I look forward to the album.

I liked the song and the video, new direction the song takes the band, but that's just me...

Very much an Adrian Smith written song. Certainly not “classic” Maiden style but jeez they have earned the right to try different things. I dig it.

I was thinking the same thing as he seems to love that swampy blues sort of vibe. I enjoyed a few of
the tracks he did with Richie Kotzen.

I dig the new song. About a 1/3 of the way in and you start to feel the classic Maiden vibes. :)

I watched the video until the end only for the cartoon. I felt as bored with the music as when listening to some "new" AC/DC. And I must say that Iron Maiden is the band I've seen most times. About ten, in the 80's

Last edited:
Was a maiden fanatic, but I have the same feeling. They are very boring and repetitive if I m honest with myself. Only still enjoy killers.
Live shows remain cool, especially considering their age.

Back
Top Bottom