NEW IR: Echoplex TAPE

Really cool. This can be dropped right into the loop on the preset "Time,FB,Mod,Jitter ABCD"

Would love to see you and Cliff work together to measure the nonlinearities in that pre+tape system for re-creation as a drive block type (in comparison to the more pristine tape dist.

The 3 of us will have to have a little tone party soon. ;)

Glad to hear you're okay! Well, okay as in at least some WIFI and a little power.

James, thanks for being one of us. We deeply appreciate your contributions, as you have talents and gifts that a lot of us just don't have. We appreciate the toils of your labor.

You're very welcome. It's really great that I can actually share some of the things I'm exploring here. At heart, I'm still that 14-year-old in his bedroom who stays up all night learning every knob on a piece of gear. Thanks to the AXE-FX II, I can actually share the experiments with like minded peeps! :)

Last edited:
James- thanks for taking the time to share this stuff with us. I've been working with your cab IR's the last couple of nights and just starting to have a few "ah ha" moments. I'm not able to play at the volumes I like quite often, which is the only way I can really dial in sounds I like. Gotta have some air moving, even if it's through monitors. Really liking the Altecs- they're surprising me.

Look forward to trying anything you share with us.. thanks and keep it coming.

Hey thanks for this! I just checked it out yesterday and took a look at the preset you supplied us with. Great stuff! I'm going to set up some experiments doing vocals stuff with this, and will end up posting here when I'm finished. I might even have some time to do that today.... Hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom