New II Owner

ReliHex

Hi everyone,

I just wanna say I'm blown away with sounds that this unit can produce. Axe FX II came into my price range so I bit the bullet and buy it.

First thing I tried was to reamp some previously recorded tracks. I just used factory presets (with a little basic amp block tweaks). Even I'm total noob at recording it still sounds great.

I'm having problems with noise gate, but that's maybe because recorded signal was too hot....:worried:

Anyway, the only thing I regret about II is that I didn't went for III :)

Welcome Relihex

You can always sell the II and get a III.. Better yet, Get a III then sell the II so you dont have withdrawals :)
Thanks
Pauly

Hi everyone,

I just wanna say I'm blown away with sounds that this unit can produce. Axe FX II came into my price range so I bit the bullet and buy it.

First thing I tried was to reamp some previously recorded tracks. I just used factory presets (with a little basic amp block tweaks). Even I'm total noob at recording it still sounds great.

I'm having problems with noise gate, but that's maybe because recorded signal was too hot....:worried:

Anyway, the only thing I regret about II is that I didn't went for III :)

Well,
How’s it going? How far down the rabbit hole did you go?
Give us a report... :)

Hey Toowoombaus, thanks for asking.
I tweaked it so much that didn't have time to give report :)
But seriously, this thing is amazing. So many sounds and amps to check and so little time.....

I reamped some previously recorded tracks, and made some new one's. I recorded two guitars and used marshall amp for first one and rectifier for second. I set some basic parameters of the amps and love the sound that I got.

Problem is just that there is some noise that I can't rid of it even with noise gate.
I also tried to lower amp gain and it didn't help. This happens on some acoustic simulation patches from Axe exchange and some lead pathes also.

Anyway, here I have some tracks recorded with AxeFx with no additional mastering, just raw plug'n'play soundcloud.com/relihex

PS: if anyone is interested to trade III with II + € from Europe, let me know :)

Sounds good!

Thanks!
I also uploaded track where I'm having noise issues.
It's based on acoustic tone match from axe change (Acoustic Gibson J-200) and I can't get ride of noise hum (i also tried some other tone matching acoustic simulations). Noise gate didn't help, I managed to softened little bit with workarounds in Reaper. Any hints would be very appreciated

Back
Top Bottom