New hold and freeze effect

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Was trying to make a nice hold/freeze effect for some time but I never was really satisfied. Tried again today and finally made a patch that I am happy with.
Here is a recording and the patch. Just a quick improvisation jam to show the effect.

Ext 1 = hold effect. When pressing in the pedal hold will be at toe position. The faster you press after playing the louder the hold effect.
Ext 1 is also plex shift input gain. Plex shift delay will gone when when you press pedal hold. So it will be in the hold but not on what you play on top.
Ext 3 =drive unbypass. Didn't use this on this recording.

FW13.07

Let me know what you think and maybe you can tweak it for yourself and come it with more nice hold effects and post it here.

Attachments

• Hold On BT.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I am now getting my Gilmour sound on sound on. This sounds perfect on that. Debuting it on Bourbon Street tomorrow night. Going to do the Gilmour version of Shine On and the band will join in and go into Another Brick in the Wall from there. Thanks for the patch. Been trying to build one for a while but nothing came close to this.

Thank you all!

There are two things in this hold preset that can be improved I think and I am not sure how to accomplish this.
1) the hold delay always has a kind of 'stutter/shake' effect. Not sure how to describe this but you can hear the individual repeats very well instead of one long tone. I have tried different time setting but around 190ms sounded the best. But still not a long note like EHX freeze pedal. I have compensated this by putting a reverb after the hold delay which makes it smoother. But still it is not as smooth as would like. You can hear 'shaking' this at 2:15 in the recording. How can I make the hold delay not to 'shake' and give a nice smooth 'one note/chord' freeze effect.
2) I have set ext 1 to engage the hold. Therefor min and max modifier settings are set to OFF and ON. But the hold effect is only engaged halfway or more at the end the pedal (toe position). I would like it to be engaged more at the heel position. I have tries several settings but that didn't change much. Any ideas on this one?

Hope someone has any ideas how to improve this and make it sound more smooth like the EHX freeze or the Neunaber hold delay.

Last edited:
thanks for the share

Was trying to make a nice hold/freeze effect for some time but I never was really satisfied. Tried again today and finally made a patch that I am happy with.
Here is a recording and the patch. Just a quick improvisation jam to show the effect.

Ext 1 = hold effect. When pressing in the pedal hold will be at toe position. The faster you press after playing the louder the hold effect.
Ext 1 is also plex shift input gain. Plex shift delay will gone when when you press pedal hold. So it will be in the hold but not on what you play on top.
Ext 3 =drive unbypass. Didn't use this on this recording.

FW13.07

Let me know what you think and maybe you can tweak it for yourself and come it with more nice hold effects and post it here.

Back
Top Bottom