BroKV

Inspired
So I have been reading for a while and ordered the following

AxeFX3
Matrix GT1000FX-2U
Xitone Passive 12” Wedge (QTY 2)
Adam Audio A7X (QTY 2)
Rack, power conditioner, cables, etc.

Think that covers it for now, coming from Mesa Boogie. Wanted versatility and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like tweaking setups.

Welcome! You're in for a treat!

Got a foot controller? The Fractal FCs are great, or for more money, complexity and possibly edge case capability, the RJM stuff. The FCs can do a lot though.

So I have been reading for a while and ordered the following

AxeFX3
Matrix GT1000FX-2U
Xitone Passive 12” Wedge (QTY 2)
Adam Audio A7X (QTY 2)
Rack, power conditioner, cables, etc.

Think that covers it for now, coming from Mesa Boogie. Wanted versatility and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like tweaking setups.
The Xitone is going to take months.
I ordered one in mid April and am still waiting.

The Xitone is going to take months.
I ordered one in mid April and am still waiting.
That sucks for sure. I get it though, the industry I work in is getting hit hard with back orders and I have pissed off customers all day. I did email with Mick and he was going to check with his suppliers yesterday to give me a timeline but I haven’t heard back yet.

You're gonna want to hear that Axe as soon as you get it. :flushed: Do you have a relatively flat set of headphones? And if so, there's a site (search here for threads on headphones and/or headphone EQ correction curves) where they list EQ correction curves for many brands of headphones, which, when used will help greatly (not 100%, but damn close in my case, using Beyerdynamic DT880's) in dialing the output so you hear the Axe's modeling accurately. I use them mostly (until I get some cabs built for my Celestion F2-X200's), and I judge how faithfully they reproduce the presets based on the Limelight factory preset, and "I can name that song in 2 notes, Alex!" I.e., it's pretty damn close!

I'm also a Mesa guy, but running the AF3 through my stereo amps & Recto cabs, it's ok, but just doesn't get you there.

Maybe that'll help you until they arrive...

That sucks for sure. I get it though, the industry I work in is getting hit hard with back orders and I have pissed off customers all day. I did email with Mick and he was going to check with his suppliers yesterday to give me a timeline but I haven’t heard back yet.
Yeah, I have to call him again- just to stay on it.
I called him mid month last month and he said it would be done in two weeks…

You're gonna want to hear that Axe as soon as you get it. :flushed: Do you have a relatively flat set of headphones? And if so, there's a site (search here for threads on headphones and/or headphone EQ correction curves) where they list EQ correction curves for many brands of headphones, which, when used will help greatly (not 100%, but damn close in my case, using Beyerdynamic DT880's) in dialing the output so you hear the Axe's modeling accurately. I use them mostly (until I get some cabs built for my Celestion F2-X200's), and I judge how faithfully they reproduce the presets based on the Limelight factory preset, and "I can name that song in 2 notes, Alex!" I.e., it's pretty damn close!

I'm also a Mesa guy, but running the AF3 through my stereo amps & Recto cabs, it's ok, but just doesn't get you there.

Maybe that'll help you until they arrive...
I’ll check out the headphones for sure, was already thinking I need something till my speakers arrive.

FWIW... I'm waiting on a Xitone cab from 5/25. When I talked to Mick about 3 weeks ago, he was waiting on parts from supplier. I'm becoming a bit frustrated. I was originally quoted about 2-3 weeks. I'm now at 9 weeks.

FWIW... I'm waiting on a Xitone cab from 5/25. When I talked to Mick about 3 weeks ago, he was waiting on parts from supplier. I'm becoming a bit frustrated. I was originally quoted about 2-3 weeks. I'm now at 9 weeks.
Celestion speakers? My 12” passive wedges are being delivered today.

I'm waiting on the active 12". Pretty sure it's an Eminence speaker in those that Mick was waiting on a few weeks ago.
My guess is waiting on the amp for yours. My passive speakers are Eminence and he received those the week before last and shipped them last Tuesday.

What cab are you waiting on?
I’m waiting for the 12” active “mcbritt” one.
I talked to him a week ago Friday.
He received Eminence drivers but was waiting for Celestions.
Just the standard 12" Active wedge with metal grill.

I feel like most powered cabs are on back order. My guess would be due to the amplifier
Mick emailed me yesterday. He's still waiting on speakers from Eminence. They are/were having trouble getting their parts from China due to a shortage of shipping containers. He said that he has looked at his other vendors and no one has them. Eminence is now building speakers again though after a 6 week shutdown due to no parts.

Hopefully I'll get it soon.... :(

6E21C0AE-B727-4448-9B20-6CB1BB6594C6.jpeg
Got everything setup and played for a bit. Initial thoughts…..moves plenty of air and sounds great and definitely need a foot switch. Left speaker needs to hide underneath when not in use. So far, very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom