New heavy song

I think your recording and song sounds pretty good, as far as feedback you might want to shorten it depending on if you plan to market it!! Great work.

I pretty much only use the Diezel amp but I mix the channels. In this song I used all three.

I just never know if it translates everywhere or not. I test on my monitors, headphones and cars but outside of that not sure what to expect. I always feel like my biggest challenge is mixing the bass.

Like Bojangles said - it's art - it's not good or bad, it just is. From a purely objective standpoint of "I want to make enough money to feed myself with my art", then you'd have to think about who you're writing the music for (your audience) and then what is the biggest audience? I think you need to ask some specific questions which aren't necessarily related to the "art" side of the song. Does instrument X sit in the mix well? That kind of stuff. You might gauge audience interest by saying "would you put a track like this on your phone/ipod, etc.?"

Your "can you give me your advice" is just too open for anyone to focus on and so nobody says anything and that doesn't help you at all. :)

Look at this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/101372-fw19-cab-pack-13-recto-riff.html

He just posted a riff to demo his "sound" and got a lot of feedback he wasn't soliciting. The fact that you aren't getting much, might be feedback in and of itself.

For me, I'm not doing this to make money or get signed or anything. I just love music and want to create songs that are the best quality possible. Music is the art, but figuring out how to improve the mix and mastering while an art is also part of the hobby.

For me, I'm not doing this to make money or get signed or anything. I just love music and want to create songs that are the best quality possible. Music is the art, but figuring out how to improve the mix and mastering while an art is also part of the hobby.

I think it sounds pretty good. It sounds to me like the master is over compressed and the drums have lost impact. Maybe thats the way you wanted the mix, but to me the sound would be more powerful if the drums had more impact.

I really dug this. I would nix the auto tune and make it around 3 mins. It will get plenty of replays. -Mike

Back
Top Bottom