New Heavy Groove/Ambient Song using FW 15 and OH Cabs

Hi Shredder3386, I listened to your song twice tonight. I'm liking the guitar parts including the rhythm, leads, and accents. Very well played man!

But where is the bass guitar? Also, the drums volume needs to be increased to work with and enhance the hard work you accomplished on your guitar parts.

Hi Shredder3386, I listened to your song twice tonight. I'm liking the guitar parts including the rhythm, leads, and accents. Very well played man!

But where is the bass guitar? Also, the drums volume needs to be increased to work with and enhance the hard work you accomplished on your guitar parts.

Hey Wild Bill, thanks for the constructive feedback man! I appreciate the tips because I'm still an amateur mixer and want to get better. I recorded a bass track, but because I'm mixing in an untreated room (blasphemy I know) I think I lowered the bass too much thinking it was standing out too much. I agree about the drums too, I think I could have gotten away with much more volume. Thanks for giving my song your thoughts, let me know if I can ever return the favour :)

I'm really liking your tune here Shredder.:) On the bass guitar, you could try reducing the upper frequencies with your eq so it won't compete with your guitars so much. Actually, you may also find that your rhythm guitar is dipping into the bass guitar's frequency too much. I hope you will address the problem because the song is certainly worth it. I sure would like to hear the song after you've tweak it some more.

I'm really liking your tune here Shredder.:) On the bass guitar, you could try reducing the upper frequencies with your eq so it won't compete with your guitars so much. Actually, you may also find that your rhythm guitar is dipping into the bass guitar's frequency too much. I hope you will address the problem because the song is certainly worth it. I sure would like to hear the song after you've tweak it some more.

Thanks Bill :). Your feedback is really appreciated. I'm glad you like the song, I definitely want to improve my mixing. I'm doing a cover of a Mastodon song right now and I'm really trying to work on my bass tone. I will go back and apply what Ive learned to my song and hopefully it sounds much cleaner. Thanks again dude, you are the man.

Hey dude, guitars are spot on with great biting/meaty tone.

I just heard the bit with the clean lead guitar. Chime down the verb or high eq cause it dominates the mix when it comes in, try and get it IN the mix a bit more.

The drums are like 4.7/10 they are ok for a demo and definitely sit in the right place... but I would totally checkout some youtube stuff for drums because you can get way better mixes happening. Not sure what your whole setup is but just keep reading reading reading and you'll get there.

Keep it up dude !!!

Hey dude, guitars are spot on with great biting/meaty tone.

I just heard the bit with the clean lead guitar. Chime down the verb or high eq cause it dominates the mix when it comes in, try and get it IN the mix a bit more.

The drums are like 4.7/10 they are ok for a demo and definitely sit in the right place... but I would totally checkout some youtube stuff for drums because you can get way better mixes happening. Not sure what your whole setup is but just keep reading reading reading and you'll get there.

Keep it up dude !!!

Thanks FenixIA! I appreciate the constructive criticism big time, it definitely helps having another musician's input because when I show my non-musical friends or my girlfriend they just say "it sounds nice" which doesn't help haha. Ya you can definitely tell I'm primarily a guitarist, because the guitars seem to dominate everything else. I have an "...And Justice For All" thing happening big time. I'm working on a Mastodon cover right now and I'm using Slate Drums over Superior and I'm finding it way easier to have them sit correctly in the mix. Things are sounding much better. Hopefully with more practice I'll be able to improve my mixing/production because I'm quite interested in it. Thanks again man, let me know if you need another set of ears on a song of yours or something in the future. I'd be glad to return the favor :)

Back
Top Bottom