New Happiest guitarist in the world today!

fab-gm

Inspired
OK just received my unit after saving for more than a year for this AFX3 turbo.
Item came to Canada in impeccable / exemplary packaging condition (I wish other manufacturers would learn from Fractal Audio right there already).
Checklist seems to be very accurate too as absolutely everything I tested so far is working just fine as stated by QA (Thank you so much QA Team for testing that!)

Now the sound: literally fell off my chair on the first SLO100 preset I tried (I like progressive / metal music a bit too much) and it was just the beginning, trying clean / crunch bassman emulations I became (once again damn me ) highly emotional playing these too => Best amp modeler (and by far) from anything I could try or listen too !!!

Out of the box: It sounded already really amazing which is an experience i did not have before with other similar products.

Few weeks before I was terribly jealous of my guitarists friends that owned a fractal product (the AX8 sounded already great to me for the size!), also some of my friends sometimes were kind enough to share their kemper, now I listen to the kemper again and sorry but comparatively: it sounded pretty bad / dull sometimes compared to that beast (especially the attacks and volume response IMO), not even starting on the FX subject (it's another dimension there for the AFX3) :)

You guys deserve your success, truly.

Thank you so much Fractal Audio for being so good and share your beautiful designs with us simple mortals, I wish I could spend more now and make you a bit rich(er)!

BTW I really like that these products money goes directly to fractal audio systems that worked hard for these and not (or not too much) in the pocket of resellers!
Know that you are loved. 💕

PS: OK enough writings, now I have weeks of reading the docs to get the best of this unit and Axe-Edit :D

Last edited:
Item came to Canada in impeccable / exemplary packaging condition (I wish other manufacturers would learn from Fractal Audio right there already).
Checklist seems to be very accurate too as absolutely everything I tested so far is working just fine as stated by QA (Thank you so much QA Team for testing that!)

Now the sound: literally fell off my chair on the first SLO100 preset I tried (I like progressive / metal music a bit too much) and it was just the beginning, trying clean / crunch bassman emulations I became (once again damn me ) highly emotional playing these too => Best amp modeler (and by far) from anything I could try or listen too !!!

Out of the box: It sounded already really amazing which is an experience i did not have before with other similar products.

Few weeks before I was terribly jealous of my guitarists friends that owned a fractal product (the AX8 sounded already great to me for the size!), also some of my friends sometimes were kind enough to share their kemper, now I listen to the kemper again and sorry but comparatively: it sounded pretty bad / dull sometimes compared to that beast (especially the attacks and volume response IMO), not even starting on the FX subject (it's another dimension there for the AFX3) :)

Thank you so much Fractal Audio for being so good and share your beautiful designs with us simple mortals, I wish I could spend more now and make you a bit rich(er)!

BTW I really like that these products money goes directly to fractal audio systems that worked hard for these and not (or not too much) in the pocket of resellers!

PS: OK enough writings, now I have weeks of reading the docs to get the best of this unit and Axe-Edit :D
Congratulations! 👏👏👏

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Dont forget to eat and sleep!
:)
Thanks
Pauly

This is the final frontier....it is not space.....:) Fractal will blow your mind...

So true! I kept discovering this unit fantastic amps and sounds until past midnight yesterday 😜 :sleepy:
On many nights, I have literally played all night long, as in til 5 in the morning. Probably a big reason why I love playing through headphones so much too-- my chops seem to really loosen up the later (earlier?) it gets. It's amazing!!
And I honestly can't imagine a 4th-gen unit having enough improvements to make me want to buy one.

Sometimes I wonder why Fractal doesn't hold back on some of these updates, to generate more interest in a forthcoming design. But they don't play that crap. A great company! But still, just imagine how many people would immediately buy a new unit, if it started out with an announcement that it had the new Klon model, as opposed to it being provided in a free update? Of course, one could think of it another way, as that type of marketing probably wouldn't go down too well.

Sometimes I wonder why Fractal doesn't hold back on some of these updates,
The advantage of having regular updates is that if something unexpected happens they know exactly which changes caused it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom