New Guthrie Govan signature guitar.

Yes... And gold hardware. Different tuners. String trees vs no string tree.

Interesting that the one in the pic has 2 string trees (like the MIM DK-24s), the one on the website has 1, while the GG has none.
Yeah - I suspect ‘no string tree’ was part of GG’s requirements to reduce tuning issues (along with the switch to the Floyd, but without a locking nut).

I’m curious whether GG’s NFT Floyds are modified from stock - from the Pete Thorn video it sounds like John Suhr didn’t think the knife edges on the NFT Floyd were sharp enough so he modified them.

[EDIT - I just realized it’s not actually an NFT Floyd - it’s a Charvel bridge, I assume intended to have the same functionality. I thought GG was using an NFT Floyd in his latest Charvels but maybe not …]

Last edited:
GG's bridge is based on the NFT Floyd, but is a custom Charvel bridge. There are some YouTube videos describing its creation. It's not available on any guitar other than his signature models.

GG's bridge is based on the NFT Floyd, but is a custom Charvel bridge. There are some YouTube videos describing its creation. It's not available on any guitar other than his signature models.
Were they always? I kinda thought the original GG Charvels were actual Floyd Rose but I could be mistaken.

Original signature prototypes were Floyd, but I don't think any went into production builds.

Last edited:
[EDIT - I just realized it’s not actually an NFT Floyd - it’s a Charvel bridge, I assume intended to have the same functionality. I thought GG was using an NFT Floyd in his latest Charvels but maybe not …]
I keep forgetting that...

Thanks I’ll check them out! I just looked up the video where he talks about the NFT Floyd on the Charvel - - and it’s from 2013 … I guess I haven’t paid attention since then LOL.

GG’s actually playing here soon so maybe I can ask him about it. I suspect it went something like ‘the Floyd adds $x to the cost, the patents have expired and we can make a clone for a fraction of the cost, so let’s go that route ….’

I had one of the USA models for a while. For some stupid reason I sold it and wish I hadn't. It was a fantastic guitar.

Tried a few Charvels at the guitar shop today. Never owning one before they just feel so natural for me. I played everything from a USA select dk24 to a mid level pro mod dk24 and I have to say they both felt nearly ..nearly equal to me. I'm going to wait for a GG model to show up

Back
Top Bottom