New Guthrie Govan signature guitar.

Saw this on my youtube/IG feeds as well. looks like a great guitar. Would love to try one out when they're out and available at stores

I have his signature Suhr from several years ago, and it plays like a beauty, has basically all the same features as this one apart from the glow-in-the-dark inlays and knobs. I doubt many folks would pick fault with anything on the Suhr. I have two other Suhrs as well, but the Guthrie Signature model is the most versatile. It has the booster button, that when pressed, any tone, volume, pickup switch settings you have are bypassed and it goes straight to the bridge pickup on full output. Press the button again, and it goes back to where you were. Very useful on live gigs - push the button, play the solo, push the button, and back to backing settings. Guthrie implies in this video that this is his first signature guitar, but it ain't so. Not sure what the squabble was when he fell out with John Suhr, but the Suhr one I have would be very similar to this Charvel. And yes, he's got old quickly, but he can still play the pants of most of us...! ;)

I have his signature Suhr from several years ago, and it plays like a beauty, has basically all the same features as this one apart from the glow-in-the-dark inlays and knobs. I doubt many folks would pick fault with anything on the Suhr. I have two other Suhrs as well, but the Guthrie Signature model is the most versatile. It has the booster button, that when pressed, any tone, volume, pickup switch settings you have are bypassed and it goes straight to the bridge pickup on full output. Press the button again, and it goes back to where you were. Very useful on live gigs - push the button, play the solo, push the button, and back to backing settings. Guthrie implies in this video that this is his first signature guitar, but it ain't so. Not sure what the squabble was when he fell out with John Suhr, but the Suhr one I have would be very similar to this Charvel. And yes, he's got old quickly, but he can still play the pants of most of us...! ;)
Why would he want to play our pants?

The issue was not between John Suhr himself and Guthrie, it was someone working with Suhr that did not treat Guthrie right and that’s why he left the brand.
Didn't know that - thanks for the info. That's a pity, because as nice as Charvels are, I think Suhrs - at least the three I have - are a league above!

Yeah not sure why they didn't do the MIM model instead of MIJ, price is still very high for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom