New Guitar

AndyOrr

Experienced
I think the Steve Vai “Bad Horsie” video had an influence. I’d like to have a guitar that is a little more shred-specific. I once owned a nice USA Wolfgang It definitely inspired me to fine tune some VH licks but I just never bonded with the scale.

I’d like to get something that is somewhat traditional in appearance. Neon finishes are out of the question! I’m leaning towards the new EBMM Sabre or the Ibanez Prestige AZ 2202A. They’re very similar - double cutaway, dual humbucker, trem equipped, toasted maple neck, etc.,

Given the pandemic and my locale, it’s improbable that I’ll see either of these in person anytime soon. I’m open to ordering online for a serious tryout. Does anyone have experience with both or either?

Can't go wrong with either, IMO. I haven't had a chance to try the Sabre but I'm sure it's great. The AZ has a fancier switching system if you like that kind of thing, but I think ultimately it will come down to aesthetics and price as to which one you'd prefer.

I have 2 EBMM JP-16's BFR's , JP-15 Teal quilt BFR , Majesty imperial blue , Caparison TAT II Dark knight , PRS DGT , Kiesel Aries 7 , Ibanez JS 2450 and a Charvel SD-24

Back
Top Bottom