New guitar - Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet with Fryette, Friedman, Vox, ML USA Djent & Zilla cabs

shaunb

Experienced

Hi everyone.
It's been a while, I hope you're all well.

I decided to treat myself to a Gretsch as I've always loved their guitars. I went for their more affordable Electromatic range and I'm really impressed with it. I actually got it as a little nod to Chris Cornell, he was rocking mostly Gretsch Duo Jets when I got into Soundgarden on the Superunknown cycle.

This is a little test to see how this guitar handles some hi gain tones which ended up being a full length song. Everything on the guitar is stock and I don't think I'll have to change anything out. The pickups exceeded my expectations.

I really love this guitar. Looking forward to doing more of this sort of stuff with it and venturing more into some alternative/indie tunes too.

All tracks recorded with my AxeFXII XL+ using the Fryette D60M and Friedman BE amps for the distorted tones. The cleans are done with the Class-A 30W TB.

IRs for the distorted tones are a blend I made in Cab Lab combining Misha Mix 2 from the ML USA Djent pack and Zilla All Mix from the ML Bulb Zilla pack.

Cleans are recorded with the Zilla All Mix IR.

Check out the Gretsch G6609 Broadkaster. A brand new model for Gretsch. These things are killer semi-hollow guitars.

Check out the Gretsch G6609 Broadkaster. A brand new model for Gretsch. These things are killer semi-hollow guitars.

Very nice.
Took me a while to get used to the V shaped stoptail but I don't mind it at all now.

Yeah! BTW...the new QOTSA album is awesome!
I really like it too.
I've only had the chance to listen to it once and I really liked it.
Sounds like like QOTSA but different. The guitar tones and textures all have a different feel to them, the drums too. But it works realy well for me.

I little parts I got a David Bowie vibe from the vocals too. Just little flashes.

I really like it too.
I've only had the chance to listen to it once and I really liked it.
Sounds like like QOTSA but different. The guitar tones and textures all have a different feel to them, the drums too. But it works realy well for me.

I little parts I got a David Bowie vibe from the vocals too. Just little flashes.
the Mark Ronson production probly accounts for much of the sonic differences.

Gonna see QOTSA at riot fest in chicago in a couple weeks..my ears will get a beating for three days..and the final night features FAS artist and cab maker @York Audio Justin York in his role as touring axeman for Paramore!

Gonna see QOTSA at riot fest in chicago in a couple weeks..my ears will get a beating for three days..and the final night features FAS artist and cab maker @York Audio Justin York in his role as touring axeman for Paramore!

Awesome.
Should be a pretty amazing gig.
I just missed QOTSA over here, the show sold out super fast.
A friend of mine went and said the were brilliant.

I saw them tour with NIN a couple of years back, one of the best gigs ever.

Sounds great. Great playing as well. Reminds me of something I would have heard in the 90's growing up.

I've yet to own a Gretsch guitar myself but I have owned one of their Renown Maple drum kits and really enjoyed it when I had it.

Back
Top Bottom