New Guitar Day!!

+1, Depending on which pup is installed you should be good for the classic stuff. I found this info a Gibson site.

Gibson Burstbucker Pro (sim: BB1,Alnico5, potted) 7.4 KO
Gibson Burstbucker Pro (sim: BB2, Alnico5, potted) 8.0 KO
Gibson Burstbucker 1 (Alnico2) 7.5 KO
Gibson Burstbucker 2 (Alnico2) 8.0 - 8.4 KO
Gibson Burstbucker 3 (Alnico2) 8.2 - 8.8 KO
Gibson '57 Classic (Alnico5) 7.44 - 8.5 KO
Gibson '57 ClassicPlus (Alnico5) 9.0 - 13.8KO(the 9.0 appears to be a screw-up or faulty PU

The Super 57 is supposedly somewhere around 8.19-8.60K with Alnico 2 s. Correct me if I'm wrong. Read somewhere that the Super 57 is a overwound 57 classic + and it's made with cheaper materials.

Yeah, I'm trying to trade for a Les Paul like that. I've been really wanting one for a while. Someday. I love the Burst colors.

They had one in Musicians Friend flyer the other day. Just what I wanted. Gold Top. PAF's....but ...4g's.

They had one in Musicians Friend flyer the other day. Just what I wanted. Gold Top. PAF's....but ...4g's.

Ya, I was looking at a gold top as well, (love the look of those) and also the 1959 VOS reissue, but couldn't justify spending $5000.

Really nice!

On pickups:
Duncan JB in the bridge is always nice (and not too expensive)
Or a Tom Anderson H2+ will probably sound amazing.

+1 on the JB - I have a JB in the bridge and a Duncan '59 in the neck. Killer tone! Went a bit of a different path with the wiring - I did series/parallel instead of coil tap. Congrats on the new LP!!

+1 on the JB - I have a JB in the bridge and a Duncan '59 in the neck. Killer tone! Went a bit of a different path with the wiring - I did series/parallel instead of coil tap. Congrats on the new LP!!

Thanks man! What kind of music are you playing?

So after playing my new LP for a month, I decided to replace the Burstbucker in the bridge with a Bare Knuckle Black Dog. Talked with the folks at BKP (very responsive and helpful, BTW) and that's the one they recommended for Classic Rock. It's a bit overwound with good mid-punch. It arrived yesterday, and I should have it installed within a week. I'll update when I get it installed.

Back
Top Bottom