New Guitar Day : PRS Hollowbody Piezo SE

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
I received this beauty yesterday, just 30 minutes before I had to go out. Wanted to record a quick demo with it, which I did in ten minutes ! I edited a 30 seconds video version which I sent to a few friends, and out I was - the taxi was waiting outside ;)
Today, I made a proper edit, and here it is. I used a Axe-Fx 3 preset made for my Taylor electro-acoustic to test the piezo and clean sounds

Ooooo, I want one! 😍
Absolutely great piezo sound ! Probably better than the one from my Music Man Majesty - which is very good nonetheless. I need to make a video to compare both of them

I wish the PRS had a "magnetic only/both/piezo only" 3 way-selector instead of volume pots, though

I have one of these ordered. Really stoked to see you playing one! I am anxiously awaiting delivery some day soon... :cool:

Absolutely great piezo sound ! Probably better than the one from my Music Man Majesty - which is very good nonetheless. I need to make a video to compare both of them

I wish the PRS had a "magnetic only/both/piezo only" 3 way-selector instead of volume pots, though

I know this won' t help you - but there is a 3 way swich like that on the core guitars.

I know this won' t help you - but there is a 3 way swich like that on the core guitars.

Yeah that 3 way switch would be very handy and is an unfortunate omission on this guitar. I hope I can do without it easily but I wish they had included it.

I'm sure that could be done or you could add a seperate 3 way mini toggle switch. It would be a lot harder to do on a hollow body though.

Yes, I'll ask a friend about the 3 way toggle mini switch, he does all of my guitars electronics/pickups swaps etc.

Btw, here's the preset I used in the beginning of my video. It's meant to be used with a Taylor electro-acoustic guitar with ES2 electronics, not for an electric guitar, but it works great with a piezo electric. There's a volume boost at the beginning of the chain because the Taylor is low output (it's a Taylor 224ce DLX K Grand Auditorium, Koa)

Attachments

• Taylor Koa.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19

This is a friend testing the PRS. He has a quite unique right hand technique, using his index fingernail as a pick !

Congrats on the new guitar. I have a non-piezo PRS SE Hollowbody standard that I picked up used back in March. For what I paid, I am really impressed by the quality of the guitar build, its playability and the pickups.

Congrats Thib', it sounds fantastic (as always).
I have a majesty and used to own also an Ibanez 1820x with a piezo as well and remember I made a compression between the 2 piezo systems and the results were absolutely the same! I'm not sure if both use the same piezo brand but anyhow, they sounded identical.
BTW, the preset played on 02:09 sounds very creamy and nice, care to share it as well?
Thanks.

Congrats Thib', it sounds fantastic (as always).
I have a majesty and used to own also an Ibanez 1820x with a piezo as well and remember I made a compression between the 2 piezo systems and the results were absolutely the same! I'm not sure if both use the same piezo brand but anyhow, they sounded identical.
BTW, the preset played on 02:09 sounds very creamy and nice, care to share it as well?
Thanks.
Thank you !
The preset at 2:09 is from my ODS Amp Pack, it's available on my website

The SE on the end of that thing is hard to believe -- looks proper gorgeous like a PRS should and sounds great in your hands. Nice score.

Back
Top Bottom