NEW GUITAR DAY! PRS Custom 24 Holcomb Signature!

jalonhall

Inspired
Hey guys:

I just received this beautiful beast a few days ago. Here is a quick track I put together with it. This guitar is amazing in every way! I absolutely love it! The craftsmanship is on point! I am also highly impressed with the Seymour Duncan Alpha/Omega pickups as well. Check the track and let me know what you guys think!

]

Last edited:
Really dig that tone. Palm mute are super heavy, open notes are exceptionally clear and crisp for the type of high gain tone you're using, and chords are thick. Sounds great!

Overall eq and mix is good too. The tone sits really well there.

Last edited:
I really dig that they did a fixed bridge for this but using the standard vibrato tailpiece from the PRS lineup instead of the wrap-around stop tail piece that guitars like the McCarty's use. Super cool look and I love that bridge.

Enjoy it!

I really dig that they did a fixed bridge for this but using the standard vibrato tailpiece from the PRS lineup instead of the wrap-around stop tail piece that guitars like the McCarty's use. Super cool look and I love that bridge.

Enjoy it!

Yeah, I've never been able to stand PRS guitars with the stop tail pieces, the bolts on the sides always felt really weird and awkward to me. Glad they're trying fixed bridges with the tremolo bridges now.

Yeah, I've never been able to stand PRS guitars with the stop tail pieces, the bolts on the sides always felt really weird and awkward to me. Glad they're trying fixed bridges with the tremolo bridges now.

Ha! Well, I don't mind the wrap around, but their Mann Made bridge is the bestest bridge ever IMO. :)

Slight necro bump on this but maybe you can help me out. I just installed a set of the Alpha/Omega pickups in a JP but I'm having trouble finding the correct height for the bridge pickup. Any way you could measure how far that pickup is away from your strings ?! Do you have one side closer than the other ect ?! It's possible the guitar might need the action set a tiny bit higher but my issue is with palm mutes.. Its kinda woofy lol. The neck seems to be in a good spot but I dont have a Holcomb PRS to compare it with haha. Cool clip btw.

Yesssss! Although my good pal Misha's signature is on my GAS list as well I'm a PRS dude through and through and I can not wait to try this guitar. :)

That guitar is so awesome... Too bad that it's a limited run.
It would be in my collection sooner or later.

Doesn't the custom 24 come with pre 85/15 pickups? or did you install the seymour duncans yourself?
great sound by the way

WOW.
So much clarity for a heavy tone, Iove it.

I've got a Duncan JB in my CU22 and I love it but I need a new pickup for an Edwards Les Paul.
I was going to go for a JB again but might have to consider the Alpha/Omega option.

Really well done.
And congrats on a beautiful new guitar, the finishes on the Holcomb are pretty special too.

Back
Top Bottom