New Greta Van Fleet

grandinq

Power User
Their new album dropped today. I’m about halfway through it and really enjoying it. It feels like they are developing a sound beyond Zeppelin mimicry they’ve been accused of. (Mind you, I totally digged the Zeppelin homages.)

Great guitar tones. Crunchy Marshall bliss!

I was about to go to sleep and then remembered the new album came out today. Got out of bed and off to the music room I went. I just finished listening to the full album. The guitar and bass sounds are spectacular. I like how the guitar is louder on the left and bass on the right for most songs. Also, I'm 199% ok with them sounding similar to Zeppelin. What would people rather them sound like, Justin Bieber? I think they're very talented and sound great live from the videos I've heard on YouTube. I hope someone does a video on how to get the AX8, Axe-Fx II or III to sound like Jake's guitar tone.

We saw them at Summerfest here in Milwaukee back in July. They did a number of songs that are on the new album. The place was packed, and they sounded great. A LOT of extended jamming which I'm always a fan of at live shows. My favorite song on the new album right now is "Brave New World". I also like "Lover, Leaver." Here is a clip of them doing "Lover, Leaver" at Summerfest with the extended jamming.

We saw them at Summerfest here in Milwaukee back in July. They did a number of songs that are on the new album. The place was packed, and they sounded great. A LOT of extended jamming which I'm always a fan of at live shows. My favorite song on the new album right now is "Brave New World". I also like "Lover, Leaver." Here is a clip of them doing "Lover, Leaver" at Summerfest with the extended jamming.

Thanks for sharing that video. That YouTube channel has a bunch more videos from that show too. Watching them play brings back memories of why I started playing guitar.

These guys might just be the saviors of rock and roll guitar bands. Hopefully they will influence a whole new generation to pick up a guitar and play, like Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, The Stones, etc., did back in the 60's and early 70's.

Man, these kids can play too! The guitarist reminds me of a young Jimmy Page, the singer...Plant, obviously, the drummer, Jon Bonham and the bass player, John Entwistle/Geddy Lee. Not a bad combination!!

Back
Top Bottom