Wish New Graphic EQ and Semi-Parametric EQ

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
I use Graphic EQ mainly for adapt and compensate different headphones that I used.
Unfortunately the GEQ has 10 band max...
Is There the possibility to have a 20 bands (30 is better) graphic eq? from 20 to 20k?
Like this:
750-GEQ_detail1.jpg

If not...
Is it possible a Semi-Parametric EQ with variable Q?
I know the Parametric EQ but it has only 5 bands.... so I 'm forced to use 2 or 3 PEQ in series...
With a Semi-Parametric EQ this blocked frequencies will be editable.
eq.jpg

Thanks

A 10 octave 1/3 octave eq would be nice. But, realistically, using a graphic eq to compensate for headphone frequency response would be pretty frustrating and ineffective. You'd probably be happier using headphone correcting software specifically for this purpose. You can even use that to generate an IR that you can load into an IR player block.

After experimenting with using a 1/3 octave 31 band equalizer to flatten a custom cabinet, I think this would absolutely be an important addition. Being that FRFR sound reproduction is at all important for modelers, I don't see how it isn't already part of the package. It would be more effective as a semi-parametric EQ with, say 20 bands ala miniDSP. But even a 31 band fully parametric would be enough to flatten most any speaker with +-12db.

You could correct just about any FRFR speaker with that. All the well loved FRFR speakers like the Atomic CLR already use DSP to achieve their flatness, why not just add that to the modeler so you can use a wider range of cabinets? I'd bet this is the next "big thing" on future DSP modelers. At least, the AF3 Turbo should have this by default, since it has the extra DSP processing.

You'd probably be happier using headphone correcting software specifically for this purpose.
Anything you'd recommend?

I'm looking into the Sound ID products right now, but I want to be able to do the correction in the modeler, not in the desktop so unless I can save the EQ information and apply it on the modeler it doesn't seem like it's going to help much. Got ideas?

Anything you'd recommend?

I'm looking into the Sound ID products right now, but I want to be able to do the correction in the modeler, not in the desktop so unless I can save the EQ information and apply it on the modeler it doesn't seem like it's going to help much. Got ideas?
You can't export an IR from SonarWorks, but you can shoot an IR of the correction. Just load that IR into an IR player block.

To answer your next question, no, you can't use that IR globally in the Axe-FX. It's been wished for many times though.

I’m aware of those and have tried them. They help but I’m not convinced anything completely fixes the problem
What headphones are you trying to fix? I read somewhere that you tried Blue Mix-Fi's. I posted some EQ settings that would help with those in another thread. You can't fix them all, but with REW, a UMIK-1, and some creativity on properly miking the headphones, you can go a long way to help them.

Back
Top Bottom