New George Lynch project. ULTRAPHONIX

George is one of those guys that, when he's locked in, I never get tired of hearing. The vibrato, crazy bends, weird intervals....sounds great on this track. Also one of the better riffs he's written in a while. Not a fan of the lyrics of this one, but will be interested to hear the final product.

Corey Glover is one of my favorite rock singers and George is George! But... I was not really moved much by this tune.

Ok George was awesome with Dokken and I liked the first Lynch Mob. 99% of his other stuff has bored me from solo albums to projects. I never thought he recaptured his Dokken stuff (I didnt really love Dokken either but loved George and his guitar playing).

Corey is the man. This sounds more rocking less bluesy, less experimental than a lot of his recent (lol 30 years). I will say LOOKS PROMISING! (tone, production, solo best Ive heard from him in years) Song itself its all right.

pretty good guitar solo!!George still rules!!
Ok George was awesome with Dokken and I liked the first Lynch Mob. 99% of his other stuff has bored me from solo albums to projects. I never thought he recaptured his Dokken stuff (I didnt really love Dokken either but loved George and his guitar playing).

Corey is the man. This sounds more rocking less bluesy, less experimental than a lot of his recent (lol 30 years). I will say LOOKS PROMISING! (tone, production, solo best Ive heard from him in years) Song itself its all right.
Agree on the guitar solo. One of his better offerings in awhile IMO. I also like his tone better than some of the stuff I’ve heard him do.

Love George and the famous "George" chord ! This sounds great - its still weird to me that he quit guitar for awhile to have a body building career...

he never quit playing while he was doing body building?where did you get that inf?

I recall that somewhere after Dokken and or Lynch Mob that he kind of fell of the planet. When I did research for him back then - the only thing I could find out is that he was body building. Doing research just now, it turns out he also took some years off to have a kid too... MY bad...

The original video was removed, so couldn't see it.

Found this one:

I see naysayers here, but this is some of the most intriguing '80's metal' things to come out in many years. Love Corey in there, the bass player is basically soloing throughout the song, the drummer...um, good but was he off on timing a few places there? George is on his game at his age.

Me likee.

R

I think this is great for George and of course Corey. But I loved how George stayed within the song and the solo was perfect for the song. I've gotten used to hearing him noodling or 'going for it' which is why he's one of the greatest but I really like his performance on this.

Just an observation (not judging) and coming from an older metal head: During my first listen the lyrics were too rhymie and turned me off. The riff was almost too 80's but it grew on me. I really dug the solo and the video was cool. Upon second listen, the lyrics were not as much of a turn off and the main riff grew on me more. I'll definitely check the album out.

The thing I've noticed about Lynch over the last few years is I like his recorded work much more than his live stuff. And to be fair I'm relying on youtube footage from clinics and gigs for the live stuff so take that for what it's worth. But when I see/hear these older heros of mine struggle or down right suck on some stuff, I cringe like someone's dragging nails across a chalkboard. The upside is that it reminds me that these guys are indeed mortals and I'm not the only one who no longer has the time or in some cases ability to keep my metal chops on par. \m/

Back
Top Bottom