New Gear Day :)

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Well, its been NG month actually, new PUs and Trem for the Strat, New bridge for the Tele, pots/caps, connectors to make up my rack, new headphones and of course i took delivery of my AFX2. Most are routine things, and while the AFX2 is a stunning piece of kit it isnt to everyones taste - and doesnt really make a droolsome photo.

BUT - today, the nice brown uniformed man at UPS brought me this:

P1020677.jpg

P1020678.jpg

P1020679.jpg

P1020684.jpg

It is settling in very nicely with its new family:

P1020685.jpg

I must admit the tele caught my eye.....maybe because I was looking at getting a similar one sometime earlier......but I think it IS pretty standout....even next to the PRS! :lol

+1 Jon, the Tele is wonderful. I get a warm-wood-vinyl-vibe and the imaginary notes surrounding it flows like whipped cream.

The Tele is very nice. Its a US Standard Ash body from 2008, but its got a Callaham bridge with compensated brass saddles, and a set of Broadcaster pickups. Its VERY 50s sounding - fatter than a 60s twangy tele.

Congrats! That is a sweet guitar.
I have wanted a 335/355 type for quite some time. I wanted the Axe-Fx II a lot more though... and it won.

Reactions: jon
Still have GAS for guitars though.

I sold 3 (lesser) guitars for my first PRS (the Blue one) back in 99. It was new and along with the Tele are the only ones i have bought new. The second PRS followed in 2004 as I needed/wanted a backup - and another PRS was the obvious choice.

Since then things have evolved. I started doing more recording so wanted something completely different - hence the Tele. then came the strat and now the 335 type.

Each covers different things. The Tele is 50s sounding for clean sounds and raunchy, edgy crunch. the 335 covers smooth low gain blues and Jazz. The Strat is S/C blues and funky stuff. The Blue PRS has BK Mules fitted for classic rock duties (should be a LP - but Ive never gelled with them) along with Blues needing a harder, more mid focussed sound, while the reddish (it was purple when it was new - but its faded really nicely) PRS has higher gain PUs for modern sounds.

I do keep thinking of changing that PRS for a Suhr in HSH format with a Floyd style trem - but I cant seem to part with her. Maybe that Suhr will find a spot for specific trem mahem songs at a later date. I also need/want a P90 loaded guitar BUT i dont want another PRS - and much as a Gold Top LP is really where I should look I STILL cant get on with them :( dont really know what else to look for. Possibly a Jag with P90s, or maybe a Thinline Tele? That said I did try (fleetingly) one of the Studio 60s Tribute LPs with P90s the other day and it was surprisingly decent. It has a thinner neck and is chambered so light. Those are the two things that make LPs a no go for me - ummmm. Maybe GAS will bite again far too soon (for the wife at least).

Back
Top Bottom