New G12T-75 IRs

My understanding is that there's a vast difference between old vs new ones. Old ones seem to darker and smoother while new ones sound thin and buzzy. So maybe people do replace new ones because they don't sound like your favourite thrash records from the 80's. ;)

I tried one of these in the factory blocks not knowing the history and was surprised it had some good palm thump I was looking for and then wondered why I didnt see many more.

The other one I dont see much of is the G65 that Metallica supposedly used on MoP album. Why?

If there is another codename for the G12-65 please let me know...

I tried one of these in the factory blocks not knowing the history and was surprised it had some good palm thump I was looking for and then wondered why I didnt see many more.

The other one I dont see much of is the G65 that Metallica supposedly used on MoP album. Why?

If there is another codename for the G12-65 please let me know...

I bought the Studio Mix Collection from Ownhammer recently, it has both older and newer G12-65's and G12T-75's. The older ones always sound better to my ears, they're darker and heavier. I think it sounds pretty good, the sound of a 1960 cab with the older speakers is what I've always been searching for, the thrash/hardcore style tones.

I also don't think there's a codename for it.

I bought the Studio Mix Collection from Ownhammer recently, it has both older and newer G12-65's and G12T-75's. The older ones always sound better to my ears, they're darker and heavier. I think it sounds pretty good, the sound of a 1960 cab with the older speakers is what I've always been searching for, the thrash/hardcore style tones.

So this is a pack not on the FAS store right? Thx for the info. I had the g12-65 collection in a cart several times yesterday from Celestion...

Anyone try those?

I bought the Studio Mix Collection from Ownhammer recently, it has both older and newer G12-65's and G12T-75's. The older ones always sound better to my ears, heavier and darker.

So this is a pack not on the FAS store right? Thx for the info. I had the g12-65 collection in a cart several times yesterday from Celestion...

Anyone try those?

It is actually, it's Cab Pack 3. Oh, happy to help man!

I am actually still holding out for Kevin @ownhammer to reshoot those skunk stripe T75's in the Marshall CB cab. I can't justify spending the $100.00 on cab pack 3 when I am really only looking for one speaker from it, and it was shot a while back now and doesn't contain any of the current OH standard mix files, which is what I use the most. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Marshall CB T75 MMC collection to be released in this lifetime. ;)

I am actually still holding out for Kevin @ownhammer to reshoot those skunk stripe T75's in the Marshall CB cab. I can't justify spending the $100.00 on cab pack 3 when I am really only looking for one speaker from it, and it was shot a while back now and doesn't contain any of the current OH standard mix files, which is what I use the most. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Marshall CB T75 MMC collection to be released in this lifetime. ;)
Same I just want the 65. Ive never bought any IRs yet and what confuses me is what is on the FAS store is all compatible with AXE3 but are they 'better than the new ones.... I don't want to buy some pack that adds like 500 more IRs and then be overwhelmed trying to find ones I like or find that the IRs are not as good as the AXE3 ones ... I'm already overwhelmed with factory choices LOL... but really why no 65 in 2000 plus when one of the greatest metal albums of all times used it!

Same I just want the 65. Ive never bought any IRs yet and what confuses me is what is on the FAS store is all compatible with AXE3 but are they 'better than the new ones.... I don't want to buy some pack that adds like 500 more IRs and then be overwhelmed trying to find ones I like or find that the IRs are not as good as the AXE3 ones ... I'm already overwhelmed with factory choices LOL... but really why no 65 in 2000 plus when one of the greatest metal albums of all times used it!
There is a 2X12 g12 65 in the stock IR's, These are celestion IR's. They start at factory bank 2 F2.0175.
An I believe In the same Factory bank 2 There is 4X12 Brit CB located at F2.0565 are G12-65's from ML Soundlab.
@ML SOUND LAB can correct me if I am wrong.
Scratch that last one, I just checked the Axe FX III wiki and the ML ir's are a G12h30. My bad!

Last edited:
There is a 2X12 g12 65 in the stock IR's, These are celestion IR's. They start at factory bank 2 F2.0175.
An I believe In the same Factory bank 2 There is 4X12 Brit CB located at F2.0565 are G12-65's from ML Soundlab.
@ML SOUND LAB can correct me if I am wrong.
Scratch that last one, I just checked the Axe FX III wiki and the ML ir's are a G12h30. My bad!
Thx for the info. Still don't get the swarm of v30 and 75s but next to no 65s

Thx for the info. Still don't get the swarm of v30 and 75s but next to no 65s
For me, it's all about finding someone in my area with a cab loaded with those speakers in good functional shape that is willing to let me rent or borrow it for the weekend.

That is how I get most of the cabs I capture, as it is much more affordable than me buying them and then trying to flip them once I am finished recording them.

For me, it's all about finding someone in my area with a cab loaded with those speakers in good functional shape that is willing to let me rent or borrow it for the weekend.

That is how I get most of the cabs I capture, as it is much more affordable than me buying them and then trying to flip them once I am finished recording them.
That's a pretty cool gig ur doing I wouldn't even know how to make an IR Lol: )

Back
Top Bottom