New FX8 user.

Alphatrev

Hi everybody. I just took delivery of a new FX8 and am pretty excited about using it with my Mesa MK V. I have been trying to understand the basic set up and programming modes, but struggling. Maybe someone can help.

I started by trying to program a new patch in a black space (P1). I used the config page to get my effects blocks lined up the way i want them, but when I switch to footswitch mode, the blocks are all blank. So I gave up with that and decided to go a edit an existing block. Using the Classic 8 (A1) I re arranged the blocks in config page, but when I switch to footswitch mode, it is a different set of effects. I also noticed that when switching the blocks on and off, if I hit switch 5 it operates block 2, 1 does 5, 2 does nothing etc. My unit is a Mark II. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

I am running a Mark I. In the footswitch tab is where you can place your blocks right click on the place you want it and select effect. I started out tweaking presets and save them as templates renaming. The config page places position of amp if using effects loop.

You can place blocks in front of amp or in the the loop. You can run them in series or parallel. Routing section there are other options also. Pull your manual out and grab a cup of coffee and read that section.

Last edited:
The true bypass is for if you want to by pass just the pre (front of amp) or post (loop), All both.

This a great forum everyone is willing to help. :)

also browse the AX8 forum they have a sticky section on top with video lesson that apply across all units to some extent.

I had this EXACT same question when I got my unit in January. It was confusing until I realized it adds flexibility to not have to assign a footswitch the same effect. You can arrange the footswitches in any order as well as use them for other functions. If you always leave reverb on, you don't have to have a dedicated footswitch for it. Pretty cool once you realize the reason behind it. I thought my unit was broken at first. Ha!

This thing is great. Now that I am feeling my way in more, I recon I will set up an amazing pedalboard with just one preset. So to think there is another 127 in reserve? I have got it rigged with the 4 cable method into my MK 5. The true bypass is a brilliant feature for referencing your sound quality. I used it to determine that my Wah was not fully disengaged on some scenes. I just went back through them, reset pedal and re saved.

Make sure you try the presets. They will teach you a few things when you start evaluate whats going on..

I'll just jump in on your thread, if you don't mind.
I have an FX8 coming at the end of the week!
Still got to get the cables and the expression pedal.
But coming here has been quite a revelation!
I've had way too many pedals, and multifx pedals as well, over the years.
I think I'm finally ready to step up to portability and TONE.

S.
j

Back
Top Bottom