New FX8 owner question

mikhael47

I just pulled the trigger on a FX8 and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. In the meantime, I have a question

Is there anyway to globally program the switches so that one row can call up presets in the bank and the other row can enable/bypass blocks?

I.e. if I have a bank selected, switches 1-4 can call up presets while I can program 5-8 to turn on/off my drives and delay etc?

Ya, I've been going through the manual... I am coming from a boss es-5 where I need to toggle between preset mode and stomp mode. This is one of the factors in me moving away from it. I used to have a Voodoo Labs setup that gave me 4 preset switches and 8 "Instant Access" switches and I loved that setup.

The Scene thing should get me mostly where I want to go, however it still requires two taps (one to engage scene selection and the 2nd to select the scene).

I am toying with the idea of using a TRS 3 button footswitch to give me access to presets... if that is possible. My needs are pretty light and I think 3 presets would suffice.

The reason I want to go presets is because I'd like to have a different preset for each guitar I have. I have two electrics that have drastically different output volumes and an acoustic that I want to run to FOH through a different output (into a DI).

I found a video on youtube that outlines the process I need...

I can't post the link (yet) but here is the ID of the video...

nNjJreV7dd0

I found a video on youtube that outlines the process I need...

I can't post the link (yet) but here is the ID of the video...

nNjJreV7dd0
Keep in mind that is an old video showing the operation on the original FX8. The new FX8 (MkII) has the top and bottom rows of switches reversed, so that now 1-4 is on the bottom row and 5-8 is on the top row, unlike the unit in the video.

Back
Top Bottom