New Fx8 Owner and Member!

Slashbaugh

Hi guys!

I just became the proud new owner of a second hand Fx8 and am looking forward to digging thru this forum to learn and study how to set this bad boy up. Currently cobbling together a cable snake for 4cm and waiting for more, black, EV-1s to come back in stock.

In the meantime, if anyone can direct me to some good setup resources (beyond the manual), or even just offer some "I wish I had done this" advice, I'm all ears. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first venture outside of super simple individual stomp boxes. The conversion seems daunting now but I'm hoping to attack this learning curve head on.

Thanks and happy to join the fractal side of the force!

Hi guys!

I just became the proud new owner of a second hand Fx8 and am looking forward to digging thru this forum to learn and study how to set this bad boy up. Currently cobbling together a cable snake for 4cm and waiting for more, black, EV-1s to come back in stock.

In the meantime, if anyone can direct me to some good setup resources (beyond the manual), or even just offer some "I wish I had done this" advice, I'm all ears. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first venture outside of super simple individual stomp boxes. The conversion seems daunting now but I'm hoping to attack this learning curve head on.

Thanks and happy to join the fractal side of the force!

Congrats and welcome.

First I'd look at youtube... lots of cool FX8 videos.

Second and this is IMO, the sooner you look at it as much more than a virtual pedalboard the better. And the sooner you make your own sounds the better. The Drives are good clones, so to speak, but some of the best drive sounds for you will be the ones you make by learning how to use the drive block!

Finally, scenes are your friends... make it a priority to learn how to use them and you'll be wondering how you ever lived without them - and you'll never go back to tap dancing!

Thanks lads. Been watching YouTube and reading the PDF manual while she ships, mostly trying to understand scenes since I'll use the relay block for X/Y amp channel/eq switching. Great advice, thanks for the links!

Going to make presets ASAP. I saw there is a sticky thread for fx8 presets, but it's pretty small (2 pages). Can fx8 presents translate across platforms (ax8, axe fx)?

"...some of the best drive sounds for you will be the ones you make by learning how to use the drive block!

Couldn't agree more! I've got the 3-knob tube drive block set up so nice it gives my Bogner, Wampler, and Fulltone pedals a run for their money. Sometimes I think it even sounds better than all of them.

Back
Top Bottom