New FX II owner and forum member

rocketcity

Hello everyone,

First Post

I just received my FX late yesterday and had the day off today to play. I have to say I am extremely impressed. I primarily play an American Deluxe Strat with an LR Baggs Piezo and X Bridge preamp installed. I am running a stereo signal out of the FX II with the electric into the front input and the acoustic signal into the back of the FXII. I have a James Trussart Holey Back Tele on the way and should have it soon. I had a piezo bridge with stereo out installed in the Trussart as well. I have a feeling my new 3rd Power American Dream is going to miss me.

This is an upgrade from an Eleven Rack and it is a big upgrade. My first impression is how useable all of the presets are in the FXII. I have only had time to surf through about half the presets just to take a look. Very nice. Usually, I find a few presets on processors and the rest are unuseable.

However, I did find myself stuck on the 65 Bassman. The interaction with the Strat pickups is a perfect reproduction of the Fender Sound. The voicing differentiation between the 5 different Fender pickup setting is distinct and lush. I think I could gig with two presets. One 65 Bassman and the same copied to another location with the T808 emulation added for overdrive. With my acoustic able to be blended in, that is a pretty versatile setup.

By the way, I can put my Peterson Strobo Stomp on Ebay I suppose. This may be the first processor with a truly accurate tuner. Thank You Fractal Audio.

Grats and welcome! I'm also new (to the forums and Axe). My Ibby has an aftermarket piezo system, and I run the cables in the same manner... mags to the front, and piezos to the rear. Not sure if this is standard, but seems to work :D

I love the tuner too. Enjoy!

Yep, I sold my Peterson strobe and a whole lot of amps and effects once I got the Axe. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom