New FRFR speakers.

I ordered 2 CLR and got my shipping confirmation from Tom today. Between the Friedmans and these I should have some fun and not have any trouble getting a good sound. I wouldn't mind getting the Xitones too but this equipment addiction is getting costly!
Lol! I hear ya!:)I look around here and frequently think ,Man I need to sell some of this stuff!

Just got the CLR's today and so far I'm loving them. Tighter and more focused than the Friedman's. The Friedman's are good and cab like and loud but loose and boomy and walking around I lose the sweet spot pretty easy. I'll play some more but this is my initial response so far.

Day 2 and I still am loving the CLR's. They are small and light with a handle that is very easy to use. I said this before, they are tight and focused and even seem to have less noise / quieter. I haven't used them in any position other than wedge so far and time will tell on reliability. My Friedmans are really good but I think I might choose the CLR over them. Both Friedman and CLR are way better than my old QSC K-12's for sure. The CLR are truly clear and defined. Any other questions you guys might have just let me know.

Currently i have a Matrix FR212 and an Asm. I prefer the matrix and dig the Friedman but am super anxious to try the CLR. My plan is Matrix behind me for "oomphh" and a good wedge in front thats flat and clear. Seems the CLR's do this perfectly. Really i would rather have a passive CLR as i have a Matrix poweramp already. I've heard the actives are the way to go as the amp was obviously designed for the monitor. Anyone have the passives? Or heard both and noticed a difference between an active CLR and a passive one powered by a generally flat amp like a Matrix GT1000?

So I went back to try my Friedman's yesterday and I still like the CLR'S better. Today I hooked into my huge KRANK rig with the VHT Poweramp and I still like the CLR'S better. I didn't want to like them because of all the hype I've read for so long, plus people having issues with getting In touch with customer service but I can't knock what my ears like.

So I went back to try my Friedman's yesterday and I still like the CLR'S better. Today I hooked into my huge KRANK rig with the VHT Poweramp and I still like the CLR'S better. I didn't want to like them because of all the hype I've read for so long, plus people having issues with getting In touch with customer service but I can't knock what my ears like.

I currently have a Matrix Fr212, a Friedman ASM and an Atomic CLR wedge. I got them in that exact order and i agree the CLR sounds best out of them all. I really didn't want to like it either. Lol but all of the others left me still wanting more. The Friedman i am returning and i'm keeping the Matrix and the CLR. This setup slams man.

Back
Top Bottom