New FRFR option: Bose S1 Pro Multi-Position Powered PA System?

Was it loud enough for the gig?
For rehearsals... it really wasn't loud enough... I could hear myself, but the guitar player on the other side of the room really couldn't. And I was out of headroom, so if they were playing louder, I wouldn't have had anywhere to go.

For the gig, it was great. I placed it on the floor next to the monitor, aimed right at me. This gave me some control over my own mix (I could add my guitar for me without affecting anyone else)... and the band members on the other side of the stage got me through their monitors.

As a practice tool, it is AMAZING! I stream the song I am working on into channel 3, mix myself in on channel 1. The tone is full and impactful. I couldn't be happier with my practice rig now...

So for rehearsals, I will stick with my JBL612s. But when I have reinforcement or am practicing, the S1 will be my go to. (BTW: it is AWESOME for tailgating and parties, etc...)

For rehearsals... it really wasn't loud enough... I could hear myself, but the guitar player on the other side of the room really couldn't. And I was out of headroom, so if they were playing louder, I wouldn't have had anywhere to go.

For the gig, it was great. I placed it on the floor next to the monitor, aimed right at me. This gave me some control over my own mix (I could add my guitar for me without affecting anyone else)... and the band members on the other side of the stage got me through their monitors.

As a practice tool, it is AMAZING! I stream the song I am working on into channel 3, mix myself in on channel 1. The tone is full and impactful. I couldn't be happier with my practice rig now...

So for rehearsals, I will stick with my JBL612s. But when I have reinforcement or am practicing, the S1 will be my go to. (BTW: it is AWESOME for tailgating and parties, etc...)
Cool, thanks for the first hand account!

mnaX89h.jpg

Any other info on these? I need something smaller than my clr’s and the reduced volume shouldn’t be an issue but I’m curious about the sound quality?

Any other info on these? I need something smaller than my clr’s and the reduced volume shouldn’t be an issue but I’m curious about the sound quality?
What kind of info are you looking for?

They sound GREAT, IMO! Check the reviews, you will find a very consistent response to the S1. Very smooth... very flat... responsive... I imagine you should be able to find some in a Guitar Center to audition for yourself... it is difficult to describe sound quality. I mean, I could tell you I have very good ears, but... :)

What kind of info are you looking for?

They sound GREAT, IMO! Check the reviews, you will find a very consistent response to the S1. Very smooth... very flat... responsive... I imagine you should be able to find some in a Guitar Center to audition for yourself... it is difficult to describe sound quality. I mean, I could tell you I have very good ears, but... :)

My favorite thing for the Axe Fx so far is the Atomic clr’s - have you tried those or made a comparison?

The form factor of these really make me want one (or two :))

I need something small and portable and the clr’s are just too much to lug around at times.

I bought one for the numerous requests we get for acoustic duo's.
it does sound great for smaller venues.
I had an old 12" powered subwoofer I added just for giggles and that helped the low end.

I might bring it to one of our band gigs this weekend to hear my AX8 through it.

only 15 lbs! it is really small, but I like all the different angles you can place it in.

If the Atomic CLR is your reference, the Bose S1 may not live up to expectations. The CLR is a much more powerful, application specific solution, at twice the price. The S1 is a great little powered speaker for what it is. But what it is, is not as powerful as what the CLR is.

That said, if you are not looking for something that can keep up with the CLR, check out the S1. It sounds great IMO.

I just bought the battery for mine.
We had a gig a month ago where the power went out and I grabbed an acoustic guitar and started walking through the venue playing songs that all the nice people could sing.
Almost like a campfire, but without the smoke.

I'll be more prepared if it happens again, gotta keep the show going. At least one mic and one guitar

If the Atomic CLR is your reference, the Bose S1 may not live up to expectations. The CLR is a much more powerful, application specific solution, at twice the price. The S1 is a great little powered speaker for what it is. But what it is, is not as powerful as what the CLR is.

That said, if you are not looking for something that can keep up with the CLR, check out the S1. It sounds great IMO.

For my needs I believe the power (volume) will be fine. I just hope my patches translate well to the Bose as the way they sound with the clrs.

My concern is they're targeted at acoustic/vocals and not really an amp modeler? The dispersion seems good from what I've read. I'm just curious as to how flat the response or sound coloring they are?

In the pole mount position, they are flat. In the other positions, there is slight EQ to compensate for the reflections.

How did it work out for you? I'm considering this option as well as the option from behringer.

Trying to find something portable and battery operated that still sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom