1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

New Fractal User

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Reviews' started by Gavin, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Gavin

Gavin
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I've been keeping my eye on the the Axe-Fx ever since I first heard 'Icarus Lives' by Periphery. However, I'd been put off by a bad experience with the Pod HD bean a few years back (I know some people have wrangled decent tones out of those things over the years but I hated it). Having seen that the III was released this year and finally being in the financial position to afford one I decided to pull the trigger. After all, G66's returns policy allows you to return the unit if you don't like it!

The Axe III has completely blown my expectations away! This thing sounds incredible and couldn't be further from the old Line 6 products that had me so weary of modelling. At the moment I'm totally in love with the 5153 Red Channel and various Friedman HBE amp types, and having so much fun going through the plethora of Cab types. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of possibilities with the effects, but having all this choice is inspiring me to experiment with more styles than my usual home of metal.

I had read reviews before buying that the Axe III is very complicated to use but it really isn't! The interface just makes sense and everything is so straightforward I really don't understand why the magazines are saying this.

Thank you Fractal Audio Systems for creating such an incredible product. And for anyone in Europe I couldn't recommend G66 enough as their customer service was amazing (cannot say this about UPS however).

Freds55, Don Watters, Daveis and 4 others like this.
  2. Rick

Rick
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Welcome aboard! Many, if not most, of us came through most of the previous digital options out there. We feel your pain, and share your enthusiasm finding the Axe FX. I came to the fold in 2011, and am still a very satisfied user. Settle in... you might be here a long while!

Freds55 and Don Watters like this.
  3. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Welcome Gavin,
    Fractal sure ain't line 6 (thank gawd!)

Thanks
    Pauly

Freds55 likes this.
  4. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

Hi Gavin,

It's great to have you amongst us. Enjoy the inspiration. I could probably answer your question about magazines, but I want to keep this a strong positive "welcome" thread!

Freds55, Don Watters and pauly like this.
  5. OddManOut

OddManOut
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Welcome Gavin! Not only will you enjoy your new AxeFx III but you’ll find this forum very helpful and illuminating.

Freds55 and Daveis like this.
  6. Freds55

Freds55
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Congratulations on your Axe Fx III your going to love it.