New Fractal Products?

jiagap

Inspired
Hi anyone here,

I have an AX8 and have loved it. I have not been on this forum lately mostly cuz my AX8 works fine and yet it is discontinued so the discussion has tapered and I have had it long enough to know how to get around to make it do what I need. I love the fact of everything on one unit and large enough and enough foot buttons to get the job done. While the FM3 may be great, I like the larger footprint with more foot switches - and I don't want to purchase a separate foot controller just to have more foot buttons. While the AXIII may be great, I hate loading a rack mount plus a floor controller for playing out. I need simple and easy. So, I am kinda holding out and hoping for a more powerful AX8 type in the future. I did purchase a Helix and played around on it a couple weeks. I loved the interface but hated the tones compared to my AX8, so I returned it. I have been a satisfied Fractal user since my Ultra purchase many years ago; and Cliff is a genius.

So, all that to say, I see more and more options out there being developed by competition. I am wondering if Fractal has revealed any plans for a more robust AX-8 type of rig? More of the power of the III but in a simple one floor device. Any thoughts or links to where this discussion has been had would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This was kinda done to death when the FM3 was first announced; so, without digging up too-many old bones concerning a larger footprint, higher torque floor processor, I would guess “all in time“.

In the meantime - if your AX8 works great, and it worked great yesterday, And last month.. And last year for that matter, then there’s no reason to be overly unhappy with it today - has been my experience anyway.

I have an AX8 and AXElll. I don’t plan on an FM3 as I don’t really need one. I’m sure that they do sound great, sharing the same code as the AXElll, they would. But.. not for me today.

As to what’s in the pipeline? ..New stuff hits the market all the time, and I, personally, will go with whoever puts out what I need (or can’t live without), first. But today, the AX8 does the job for playing out - it’s great! ..and the AXElll does what I need for recording. As to what Fractal are up to? ..ain’t nobody likely to say until that next “whatever“ is about to hit the market. That’s just keeping the competition off your back - that’s just business. So, I wouldn’t hold out much hope for info on upcoming Fractal gear.

As to them “old bones“, a lot of people stated they wanted a larger footprint floor unit with more power. But, the FM3 serves a real segment of musicians, too. So, maybe one day.. all in time.

I'd say an FM3+FC6+whatever pedals fill it out to your needs (may be none).

FM3 is way more powerful than AX8.

I am wondering if Fractal has revealed any plans for a more robust AX-8 type of rig? More of the power of the III but in a simple one floor device. Any thoughts or links to where this discussion has been had would be appreciated.
If they had said anything, it would be all over this forum. You wouldn't have to search very hard to find it ;-)

And FWIW, I'm still rockin' an AX8 and AxeII and quite happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom