New Fractal Pedal

I picked up a Boss EV-30. Arrived today.
A very usable reduced size, lighter weight, and the cam mechanism is nice. Very smooth and likely a more durable improvement over current approaches. Dual output with individual range control and the polarity switch is a bonus. The bottom plate is thick, unbendable by strongest velcro. Still have to gig with it, but feels great.

Any news on how the tension is on the new pedal - I know that it's likely that only Cliff has tried it - I don't feel enough resistance with the EV-1, for my tastes.

You must like a pretty stiff pedal. What pedals have you found that suit you better?

You must like a pretty stiff pedal. What pedals have you found that suit you better?
Yes, I do. I like the resistance on the Ernie Ball pedals, the terrible string in that pedal does provide a certain amount of resistance that I find pleasing. The heel position doesn't look so uncomfortable on the new pedal either, right now, and in comparison to my Mission pedal, the heel on the EV-1 puts the foot at a fairly uncomfortable angle, for me and IMO.

Different strokes for different folks. For me, the EV-1 is the most comfortable and easiest-to-control pedal I've ever used.

Indeed, and you're not alone in thinking that. I'm looking forward to seeing how the little pedal will compare, hopefully, it'll solve a couple of minor issues for me! :)

Back
Top Bottom