New Fractal and Axe-Fx III owner - Where to start from scratch?

I’ve been out or the digital audio workstation and guitar amp modeling for a few years . I sold my kemper years ago and wanted to get back into it now, but the FM3 isn’t even out or announced when they’re being shipped , and I just got on waitlist BUT

AXE III WAS IN STOCK AND ON SALE

I want to watch as many videos and read as many tutorials before it arrives but YouTube only had one good video from axefxtutorials for basic navigation

Any other good places to get very accurate, in depth and well explained tutorials that as easy to follow for an axe noob

I mean I’ve never tried anything so please be patient with me lol

Thanks

First thing: download and read the manual while you wait. Then read it again.

There are a lot of videos posted on the forum. However, I don't know many that are "basic".

@ccroyalsenders sells a class that is well regarded. I purchased the same class when he released it for the Axe Fx II a number of years ago and it was definitely worth the cost. In depth and detailed.

Everything that @unix-guy said was perfect. I got so much more out of the Axe FX after taking the Cooper Carter Class.

I can add to lookup Leon Todd on YouTube and here @2112. He has tons of videos and free shared presets to get you started. The 5 minute tones videos show just how easy it can be.

Last but not least, @austinbuddy sells fantastic preset bundle that has a tone for any taste. He has a great ear and really understands how to setup all of the amp models.

For me the best way to learn is to download some presets and see how they work, then tweak to taste. Enjoy!

Don’t really have to do too much honestly, some great tones from the stock presets already. Just turn the dial to the deluxe reverb, the Friedman HBE, the 100 watt Plexi and jam. Those things are pretty perfectly dialed in with no real need to tweak anything.

Obviously tons you can edit and tweak, but the stock settings probably can keep people busy and happy for months

I’m so damn excited I keep stalking tracking lol it seems as intuitive as some of you suggested from the manual

This sounds absolutely stupid and silly but I really feel downsizing how I did was the best thing for me, like this axe 3 was meant to be in my life at this time;I was also holding off because I was thinking the axe 3 is too much gear for me, and the “lite” FM3 version would solve all my needs

But I was selling my self short. I’m going to just enjoy it at this point and stop thinking about the choice ...IF it is too much machine for me, if that’s possible (for my all encompassing requirements that the axe 3 meets), I can always get the FM3! By then I’ll be an expert with the new gear! Thx for all the replies fellas

What is your output? I definitely would explore the factory presets, also experiment with the cab block and how and what combination of IR’s sound best through your output.

What is your output? I definitely would explore the factory presets, also experiment with the cab block and how and what combination of IR’s sound best through your output.
Hey
I’m using my monitors (jbl 5” 80 watt and bx8a, stereo XLR)
I was going To buy an atomic or matrix or something but after my kemper and my last atomic I prefer (stereo)monitors at home

Honestly looking back I can’t beleive I paid over a grand for an atomic CLR !! Never doing that again lol

What do U think, is that alright or do I need something else? Trying not to buy a footswitch or monitor lol

I enjoy my CLR’s more than my desktop monitors, but both sound good. CLR’s are essentially studio monitors that can just get really really loud if you want, BUT, they also sound great at lower home volumes too, and amazing in stereo.

Definitely monitors - The best you can get!
Also - You'll find the factory presets offer an inkling on what the unit can achieve with effects etc, but they don't really showcase the raw amp sounds, or have many musically viable configurations (there are exceptions of course... just listen to the bassguys!).
If you grab the @austinbuddy presets - You'll have that ion the bag.
Also - If you just want to crank it up and sound like (insert rock star name here), get into the @Moke presets.

Asides from that - Eat, drink, play :)

Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom