New forum: tip

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
I really like the new forum. It's fast and tidy.
I suspect many people do not realize how much work it is to migrate and set up a forum like this.

There's always room for improvement and it will only get better.
In the meantime, we as users we can do things to improve it as well.

For example, I sometimes find it hard to distinguish between the text of a post and a quote and a signature.
Here's a simple tip to attribute to fix that: just align your signature to the right.
Clears everything up immediately. Only works if many members do that of course. :)

Last edited:

Thanks Yek. I suppose the easiest and most simple thing that I am missing is "Activity Stream". Yes yes... I know that "New Posts" does this, but not in the same way. Like it doesn't sort it the same simple way it was before. Not complaining, perhaps it is a future enhancement if desired by the forum.

I also have used the magical red button approach "Mark Forum Read". Boom, the unread flags go away. It's not as scary as one might think. I dunno, just some getting used to on here.

Yes, it's all about getting accustomed to the new thing. I've used New Posts for so long, glad it's still here.

BTW, there are hidden new features. For ex., when writing a post on your mobile, use your mobile in landscape. A lot of editing and navigating tools will appear.

Last edited:
I suspect many people do not realize how much work it is to migrate and set up a forum like this.

For example, I sometimes find it hard to distinguish between the text of a post and a quote and a signature.
Here's a simple tip to attribute to fix that: just align your signature to the right.
Clears everything up immediately. Only works if many members do that of course. :)
I just disable signatures... it's pretty much one of the first options I set on any forum I belong to.
Also, the "Vintage" style helps a ton.

Last edited:

This is what happens when I try to access the forum -
Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Error
The requested page could not be found.
I then click the 'home' but ten and I eventually get it - I don't like it....
Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is what happens when I try to access the forum -
Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Error
The requested page could not be found.
I then click the 'home' but ten and I eventually get it - I don't like it....
Does anyone know how to fix this?

You're using an old bookmark pointing to php. Just edit it or create a new bookmark which points to: http://forum.fractalaudio.com.

While I'm not a fan of the right-aligned signatures (I'll solve that issue in another way, time permitting) I do recommend that you do NOT use custom FONTS in your signature. If they're not present, the system default font will be used, and it can get ugly, especially when you look on Android, iPad, etc...

Should just publish a new page with a redirect at the old php URL. Save users from themselves.
I can do that if I know what page is being hit. But someone has to tell me what URL you're trying to access first before I can do that. There are redirects in for posts already.

Back
Top Bottom