New forum Patches will not load in AXE Edit

SynFactory

Inspired
Hi guys, it seems that all the old patches doesn't work in Axe Edit. I downloaded a lot of them, and in Axe Edit it gives me a blank screen. I tried to load some of my old ones, and it's ok. Do you know how to solve this problem? Thanks!

This is a known issue with the new forum that the admins are working on.
It has been posted about many times recently... which probably would have shown up in a search on the subject,or even in the current thread list.

Yeah, I've been bugging the admins about this (and a lot of other things that they've fixed already) and they're a really good group of people. I don't have all of the specific details, but they are definitely trying to coming up with a solution or at least a workaround to get to the old attachments.

Just didn't want anyone to think that they're blowing us off or anything and the last time I brought this up on the forum I had been waiting for a reply for a few days and hadn't heard anything. Simple reason was that they were at NAMM and have since replied to everyone of my questions and are aware of the issue.

One thing I've noticed is that the normal file size of a single preset patch .syx file is reported by Windows XP as being 2,060 bytes (using right click then "Properties" on the file in Windows Explorer). For the patches I've tried which were migrated from the old forum and which wouldn't load into Axe Edit, the file size always seems to be reported by Windows XP as 2,040 bytes, i.e. a smaller file. It seems reasonable to therefore assume that if a preset patch downloaded from the old forum is not 2,060 bytes in size, then it is a incomplete/corrupt file and is not going to work.

Yes you are exactly right. The headers are corrupt and it changes the file size and the exact error I get in Firefox is file size mismatch and it doesn't even download it. If I bypass the manager and download it it's still the wrong file size and therefore corrupt.

Best bet is to try to get the original poster to re-upload the file in question. Perhaps a PM with the a link to the thread would help?

Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

And from what I can tell we can thank Yahoo for all of these headaches; apparently it was a real pain to migrate over from their hosting and they weren't helpful at all.

Back
Top Bottom