Not a Bug New FM3 User - blocks not staying at what has been saved

olorin

I received the unit about a month ago and it came equipped with fw 1.05.

When I save an amp or cab block in the different channels/scenes within the preset, if I then save it and leave the preset and go back to it, the amps/cabs are different.

I thought this might be fx 1.05 so I just upgraded to 1.06 and am finding the same issue.

I received the unit about a month ago and it came equipped with fw 1.05.

When I save an amp or cab block in the different channels/scenes within the preset, if I then save it and leave the preset and go back to it, the amps/cabs are different.

I thought this might be fx 1.05 so I just upgraded to 1.06 and am finding the same issue.
are you certain you're not looking at different Channels? Scenes don't save different parameters, only Channels do. can you show us visual examples, pics or video, of this happening?

i've not heard of this bug before.

Check the Default Scene setting, it controls which scene opens when you change presets. I got frustrated a bit at first because my FM3 was set to Scene 2 as the default and I typically write presets on Scene 1.

Well, this seems to only happen when I save a preset to preset number 387, strange as that sounds. I copied the exact preset from the original one to preset 389, made the exact same changes and they are saving the changes fine.

I’m trying to access them but it needs to update or upload on my end or something. Still trying. It should work.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0m7iR79GaRnpQkE-Lrs-2GMQw#Wantagh_Woods

Trying to post the video of the issue again. I wonder if exporting/saving the blocks corrupted the preset?
ok the 2nd video worked.

the Block library loads the entire block which includes all 4 channels. it does not just load one channel at a time.

i think that's what's happening here. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/feature-request-channel-library.148200/

you're looking at Channel B when you load the Carvin. but the Carvin settings are loading on Channel A, which you're not looking at. it happens to load whatever Channel B was in the Block that you saved.

so again, saving a Block to the library saves all 4 Channels as the are at the time of saving. if you created on Channel A, it will load onto Channel A only.

Ahhh. That might be so. I did not import the block for the other preset that worked out fine, I simply copied and pasted from one that was working correctly.

Thanks for the assistance.

Back
Top Bottom