New FM3 and new to modeling!

2204JCM

Inspired
Got my FM3 today and didn’t read the manual much before hand!
I have a Xitone 12” non wedge FRFR ordered. But I don’t know the lead time for that.
So I had to figure out how to enable the 2nd output so I could plug into a Marshall Code50 (all the modeling blocks off) in the mean time.
Have FM3-Edit running as its much more fun (easier) to set up that way. But I learned that not every parameter control is in there -Output 1 and 2 level control are on the unit. D’oh.
I took one of the presets (plexi 50w) and modded it quickly so I could just have boost (whatever one is already there) with the amp and cab only. My expectations were low being plugged into the Code. But it definitely sounds better than using the Code modeling. It sounds more focused and less buzzy than the Code set similar. Can’t wait till the Xitone comes.
Question: I‘m looking for an “A” 4x12 (Marshall) that has the G12-80’s (Classic Lead replaced them and is very similar) in it and a similar cab with V30s in it and one that has the G12H in it? Are there cabs in that huge list that fits my description?
Thanks

...and didn’t read the manual much before hand!

Read the manuals. Several times.

They’re really well written and there’s a lot to learn; If you were already familiar with modeling you would have ideas of the differences between modelers and regular amps so you could jump right in and learn the deeper magic of Fractal’s products, but you need to learn the basics. A forum is a poor and haphazard replacement for reading.

The FM3 is a great device with a lot of power so dive into the manuals and make them your friends. We’re here to help when you have tried to figure something out multiple times over a couple days. The wiki has a lot of information about the amp models, the cabinets that work well with them, and the cabinets and speakers themselves and are easily searched.

As someone whose FM3 is set to arrive today, I've been reading the manuals for a week. I can say that the manuals (base and the one on blocks) are a good read, not too dry and boring and of course chock full of info. Also check out the Yek's guides regarding the amps and drives. Even skimming for parts you want now, and knowing what's all in there, will be a big help. I'm excited for mine to arrive!

As someone whose FM3 is set to arrive today, I've been reading the manuals for a week. I can say that the manuals (base and the one on blocks) are a good read, not too dry and boring and of course chock full of info. Also check out the Yek's guides regarding the amps and drives. Even skimming for parts you want now, and knowing what's all in there, will be a big help. I'm excited for mine to arrive!
You'll probably be a fanatic in no time. I have both the FM3 and the FX3 and have been going through presets on both to touch them up and synchronize them, and, though the FM3 is the little brother, it has amazing tones.

Back
Top Bottom