New FM ???

SW development? Timeloss? Sound processing opportunity? I am new here can you elaborate please? I am genuinely interested.

Cheers!
During the wait for the FM3 FAS reported problems with SW development due to a malfunctionning tool that caused a considerable delay (timeloss) for the first FM3 to be available. Should be about 8 or nine months ago now. Anyway...this is history now; no use digging dead cows. Soundprocessing opportunity = new performant DSP. Sorry for writing in hieroglyphics sometimes. Have a nice day.

It needs to be sexy looking, or cool. I love the QC look.
It seems that the IO is the same as the editor, this i also like.
I hate the Helix Edit..the sliders does my head in..

I think FAS got quite pissed about the FM3 SW development and close to a year timeloss. Seems quite logic they'd jump on the train if a sound processing opportunity presents itself. Well anyway...no use to speculate...enough work with FM3

And I'm sure they wont announce anything new until it's just about ready to ship.

would've been cool to have more switches in one unit, but not cool to have a bigger unit. There is a balance, and I think the FM3 works in that regard. So much flexibility in just 3 switches.

A new and better floor unit would be frustrating for a lot o FM3 users, me included.

Here in Brazil this type of product is very expensive and hard to import.

A brand new AXE FXIII costs more than 20.000 BRL.

I though FM3 could bring me some years of GAS cure, peace of mind, being a baby AXE FXIII.

A new and better floor unit would be frustrating for a lot o FM3 users, me included.

Not me. The FM3 is great for what it is, but I want to see a more powerful floor unit that can hang with the processing power of the AxeFX III with more buttons that is not as big as the FM3/FC6 combination

Prematurely discontinuing the FM3 for a replacement floor unit would certainly be frustrating, but adding a bigger brother the the product line would be very welcome. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned!

Not me. The FM3 is great for what it is, but I want to see a more powerful floor unit that can hang with the processing power of the AxeFX III with more buttons that is not as big as the FM3/FC6 combination

Prematurely discontinuing the FM3 for a replacement floor unit would certainly be frustrating, but adding a bigger brother the the product line would be very welcome. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned!
My frustration would be only because is so difficult for me to buy FAS products here. But I would be very happy if I could buy a new and improved one.
Or if FAS can make an exchange process to get my FM3 back and give me an upgraded one for like $499.

I miss AX8 direct amp controls...

Yeah, they REALLY need to implement the performance pages from the AxeFX III. If/when they do that you won't miss the direct amp controls. There's no excuse for not having those in the FM3.

There's no way they will introduce a trade-in/upgrade program.

A more powerful floorboard unit is not a replacement for the FM3....it would surely cost quite a bit more methinks. When anything else is released, buy it or don't.

I imagine that platform architecture is a huge undertaking, and as such, should be designed as much as possible to future proof the product. It sure seems to me the the AXE III was designed that way much more than the FM3 was. I really like what Cliff has done with the "Keystone FP DSP".
I for one would really like to see a new floor unit with that kind of power(or close to it) with more switches. Think of the benefit that the "write once" for all products coding would be for Cliff and the gang and ultimately for us end users.

Last edited:
I'd list desired requirements for a new FM, but Fractal is going to do what they do and my input doesn't matter.
They lost me as a 3 customer because of size/dimensions, and as an FM customer because of switch/programability/midi limitations.

Maybe some year I'll see a product in the zone of what I need.
Until then I'm sitting it out with the Axe-Fx II and a Gordius Little Giant foot switch.

A product with the power of the Ax Fx III and more features than the FM3 would probably cost more than the Ax Fx III itself. But does this make sense in business language? That is, does it make sense to put on the market a product with super computing power and a few more switches, that will enter the market at an exorbitant price? Surely not. And since FAS is on the market for business and to design products that make sense and not to sell musician's "erotic dreams", I think here we are only talking about speculations that have no logical or market correspondence.

I'd list desired requirements for a new FM, but Fractal is going to do what they do and my input doesn't matter.
They lost me as a 3 customer because of size/dimensions, and as an FM customer because of switch/programability/midi limitations.

Maybe some year I'll see a product in the zone of what I need.
Until then I'm sitting it out with the Axe-Fx II and a Gordius Little Giant foot switch.
Tonewise, if you try FM3 or AXIII I think you will come back as a customer.

Back
Top Bottom