New FM ???

will be intresting to see if they are using the FC12 chassis that would be a big board , possibly bigger than a helix floor, my hope is for a 3rd footprint between and F12 and FC6 that the FM3 is based on
When the FM3 was announced I predicted a future model in the FC-12 chassis.

If you follow that TGP link above there's a posted mockup photo in the thread with a version like that. Personally, if it had all the processing power of the Axe Fx III in the chassis of the FC-12 with 6 switches (as in that mockup) I'd be on the list immediately.

If you follow that TGP link above there's a posted mockup photo in the thread with a version like that. Personally, if it had all the processing power of the Axe Fx III in the chassis of the FC-12 with 6 switches (as in that mockup) I'd be on the list immediately.

it would make sense for sure
someone also posted a mockup of an FM7 that i thought was awesome had the FAS mini exp pedal 7 switches
and was about the size of a Boss Gt1000 maybe bit bigger

If they were to come up with something new in 2021, I would love it if they kept the form factor the same as the FM3 currently. I don’t know if that is possible though. As Unix pointed out above, an FC12 chassis with 6 buttons would be very cool!

I could see them having 3 price points.
FM3 - entry level
FM? - mid level
Axe III - top level.

Do you really think they would say bad things about a product they sell?
This. I worked in sales for over 20 years. Bias is part of doing business. With that said, as much as I like my FM3, I need more power. My Axe-FX III was great, but for what I do, I need an all-in-one floor unit. Whatever this forthcoming unit is, if it sounds as good as the FM3, but with more power, sign me up!

I don’t think FAS will release another FM too soon. Too early, G66 hasn’t finished FM3 waiting list in UE. I’m enjoying my FM3 so much ❤

I think FAS got quite pissed about the FM3 SW development and close to a year timeloss. Seems quite logic they'd jump on the train if a sound processing opportunity presents itself. Well anyway...no use to speculate...enough work with FM3

I’m happy with the power of the FM3. I don’t ask it to do a ton of effects at a time. I mainly have it for amps. The only things I’d love are a decent UI, the better pitch block, and a smaller footprint. Other than those, I’d have no reason to move to a more powerful unit.

POWER is overrated, anyway. Bragging about raw power by a company that has done almost only metal plugins is irrelevant to me. The skill of the programmers is far more important than power. I have a Lexicon 300, an h3000, and some other digital gear that is incredible, not bc of processing power, but Bc of the code it runs. Cliff has nailed that aspect of it.

the Fractal interface still sucks, though. I don’t want to scroll to get to things. I don’t want to make my own envelope filter. Etc etc etc (examples can be multiplied many times over). But the tone? It’s all brilliant. If this is the amount of processing power it takes to make a FLAWLESS version of an FTR37, then that’s how much processing power it takes...not MORE. The notion that a unit with greater raw processing numbers will sound better is laughable.

Last edited:
The Floor Monster 2000.
Whoo...
Once you get your vaccine, with 5G, you will be able to control your Fractal device with your mind. No buttons needed.
We suggest you learn proper guitar amp terms to have better control of your device...

Klaus Schwab has anticipated our needs in advance. We won't be needing stand-in switches.

Amen brother!!!

Not for me. I don't want pedals onboard, and I like my pedals to be angled a bit for better ergonomics. Not to mention that those are way too close together, and also too close to the IA switches. I wouldn't get on the waiting list for that even if it literally had the specs of an Axe III.

I do like the 8 switches + Utility switch though.

That has nothing to do with the "interface"...

1) it wouldn’t have to make sense in the context of that paragraph. The paragraph doesn’t have to all be about the interface. It could be a list of “things that suck”.

2) yes, it can in fact be seen as an interface issue, even if you want to take the term in a more restrictive sense.

3) on the topic of whether it sucks: so a good interface, to you, is one which utterly prohibits getting to any given parameter or even entire effect block in a single (or even 2-3 in almost every case) button press. Got it. Well, other devices (in fact, all of the main competition: Helix, Kemper, QC) allow for very quick access to blocks and parameters, usually in one single button press. That’s the new standard. If your opinion is that the old way is good, I certainly hope (and am pretty sure) that Cliff is more forward-looking (or at least, in this case, PRESENT-looking) than that and will, at long last, bring the interface into step with the far-more-capable competition.

Last edited:
Not for me. I don't want pedals onboard, and I like my pedals to be angled a bit for better ergonomics. Not to mention that those are way too close together, and also too close to the IA switches. I wouldn't get on the waiting list for that even if it literally had the specs of an Axe III.

I do like the 8 switches + Utility switch though.

agreed the 8 switches work

I think FAS got quite pissed about the FM3 SW development and close to a year timeloss. Seems quite logic they'd jump on the train if a sound processing opportunity presents itself. Well anyway...no use to speculate...enough work with FM3
SW development? Timeloss? Sound processing opportunity? I am new here can you elaborate please? I am genuinely interested.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom