New Firmware Version 1.0 for the MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller

Hi!
I'm very agog for the "new" MFC-101
I want to resume all my settings of the MFC, before upgrading...
so I made a SysEx Data Dump!
But WHERE is the required file - that I need for the bulk dump converter - on my Mac??
I cant find it...

did you "Record" it on your mac? for SysEx dumping you have to have a program on you computer that you set to record and then you select dump, play or send on the device and the file is recorded on the computer...this saves the file you need.

I use SysExLibrarian

s n o i z e : SysEx Librarian

nothing to do with Axe-Edit, you have to use a SysEx tool....would be cool it they eventually add this feature to Axe-Edit

Others may want to chime in if I am talking B.S. as I have not personally done a dump on the MFC-101 (yes I know what I just said :mrgreen) But I have done this on other devices, Eventides etc and they all work in the same way.

Set the SysExLibrarian to "Record", then do the dump from the menu on the MFC-101 and you should see it in the SysExLibrarian interface...if not....check your MIDI connections and preferences in SysExLibrarian.

Or even better: adding a single IA set to 'generic X/Y' would suffice. Press it once to get into Select mode, then press an effect IA to switch between its X and Y state.
No more need for a separate X/Y-switch for each X/Y-enabled effect.

this is good idea!

nothing to do with Axe-Edit, you have to use a SysEx tool....would be cool it they eventually add this feature to Axe-Edit

Others may want to chime in if I am talking B.S. as I have not personally done a dump on the MFC-101 (yes I know what I just said :mrgreen) But I have done this on other devices, Eventides etc and they all work in the same way.

Set the SysExLibrarian to "Record", then do the dump from the menu on the MFC-101 and you should see it in the SysExLibrarian interface...if not....check your MIDI connections and preferences in SysExLibrarian.

I've tried it with the SysEx Librarian, and I came to an result, BUT when I browse it with the converter, and selected the file, I got the message "invalid file size 164, expected 54798"... what's wrong?

edit: I think I got it...I must take the "record MANY"-button!! shame on me ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm....I don't got it working :(
the MFC is updated, but the thing with the converter didn't worked.
At last I got the message: "Axe FX Name Timeout" ....
grmbl...

Still have the MIDI cable in the MFC's MIDI IN instead of OUT? ;)

I got that message at the end of the converted load..
and unfortunately the the converter did not his job :(

Hmmm....I don't got it working :(
the MFC is updated, but the thing with the converter didn't worked.
At last I got the message: "Axe FX Name Timeout" ....
grmbl...
I get this same message! Used Sysex Librarian. And my MFC101 skips presets by 5's 5 -10 -15- 20 wtf?

Did you guys do the system reset (hold down 11 when booting up) after the update, but *before* you dropped your converted settings file back in?

Did you guys do the system reset (hold down 11 when booting up) after the update, but *before* you dropped your converted settings file back in?
Hi, I did the re-boot and hold 11 but sorry I dont know what you mean by when you say---but *before* you dropped your converted settings file back in----- I just got the MFC so I have no personal settings on it.

Thanks you for reply

Hi, I did the re-boot and hold 11 but sorry I dont know what you mean by when you say---but *before* you dropped your converted settings file back in----- I just got the MFC so I have no personal settings on it.

Thanks you for reply

I was actually referencing the poster above you.

What are your bank settings at (your problem of skipping 5-10-...etc)? Can you be more specific as to what is happening?

I was actually referencing the poster above you.

What are your bank settings at (your problem of skipping 5-10-...etc)? Can you be more specific as to what is happening?
Sorry. I've looked in the manual (the latest downloadable one too), Here's what I did
downloaded the update
installed Sysex Librarian
hooked up the midi out of my midi sport to midi in of mfc
turned on and held 1
added the update into sysex librarian and the update started when i clicked play.
after 100% complete i turned off the mfc
then turned it on holding 11 and it says AXE-FX name timeout. If i go to the up down foot switches it goes from 00 to 005 to 010 to 020 it skips. Sorry I don't know more yet :-(

Sorry. I've looked in the manual (the latest downloadable one too), Here's what I did
downloaded the update
installed Sysex Librarian
hooked up the midi out of my midi sport to midi in of mfc
turned on and held 1
added the update into sysex librarian and the update started when i clicked play.
after 100% complete i turned off the mfc
then turned it on holding 11 and it says AXE-FX name timeout. If i go to the up down foot switches it goes from 00 to 005 to 010 to 020 it skips. Sorry I don't know more yet :-(

Have you contacted support yet? Soounds like something is amiss. Did the display show you "FW Updated" when you were done?

Back
Top Bottom