New Firmware Out Now ... For BJ Devices MFC

Yes, you can use every footswitch in advanced mode if you want to, to send any MIDI messages, including CC off/on.

The 9 effects (and also tap, plus 4 automated effects) have additional functionality such as groups, pedal switching, and more.

These effects don't have to be the same in every patch, either. You can use overrides to use different effects in different patches.

Thanks, this seems like a great way to get more out of the TB-12. Could you make the editor have ready made Scenes 1-8 for dropping them in the footswitch selection?

How are you people using this firmware to get a most sensible layout? In the Tb12 factory firmware, I now have patches 1-5 and tap tempo in the bottom row, and pressing the currecntly selected patch for 2 seconds opens the tuner.

In the upper row, I have scenes 2-5, and bank up/down. (The patch button selects scene1).

It seems I can't replicate the tuner functionality of the factory firmware? The "..or hold for" -menu isn't available for effects buttons, and doesn't include the tuner.

The first thing I try to achieve is to have more scenes available. Either on the first page, or making a second page for them. Or, if I organise the patches tightly, I could free up the both bank switches... Hmm.

Last edited:
Yes, lots of options, aziz.

For scenes, use effects set to type "Select" and put them all in the same group number. The default CC number for scene selection is 34, with on-values 0 to 7 for scenes 1 to 8. The Axe-FX gives you other options for scene selection: Scene UP is default CC number 123 and scene DOWN is default CC number 124. You can also have any patch start with any scene number by using patch mapping (read the Axe-FX manual for more info on that).

I'll have a look at "or hold for effect" functionality in the next firmware release. For now, it's designed so that things that affect your tone (patch changes and effects) happen immediately when you press/release a footswitch.

If you use a volume pedal, I recommend using it's heel effect to control the tuner. That way, when the volume is off, you can tune without having to use any footswitches at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom