Not a Bug New firmware, no dimmed LED's

So I just updated to the newest firmware version, and unused switches are not dimmed any more. They are off all the time. I tried going to the setting of the foot controls, and change the dim settings, but it is not reacting at all.

If there is nothing assigned to the switch, the LED ring should be off. If it was on previously, that was a bug.

If there is a function assigned to the switch, please indicate what the function is and what state the LED ring is in versus what is expected.

Thanks!

If there is nothing assigned to the switch, the LED ring should be off. If it was on previously, that was a bug.

If there is a function assigned to the switch, please indicate what the function is and what state the LED ring is in versus what is expected.

Thanks!
I think I didn’t express myself properly. They are assigned. But not selected. Here is a picture I have taken before the update and one after the update. Just to be clear and explain myself.
Switch 1 is assigned to scene 1, and yellow LED.
Switch 2 to scene 2 and blue LED.
And switch 3 to scene 3 and red LED. Before the update, the two not being used (but assigned) were dimmed but still glowing a bit. The one being used was lit fully. You choose another, and that one becomes fully lit. It was like that on all factory presets too. Now only the one being selected is lit up.

Before (the yellow one is a lot brighter and fully lit, but the camera haven’t picked it up properly
A3498572-BD4E-41E1-8C43-8FB6E169F9AB.jpeg

and this is after the update.
7BD02821-6DA2-4393-9CAD-6141544D0568.jpeg

I think I didn’t express myself properly. They are assigned. But not selected. Here is a picture I have taken before the update and one after the update. Just to be clear and explain myself.
Switch 1 is assigned to scene 1, and yellow LED.
Switch 2 to scene 2 and blue LED.
And switch 3 to scene 3 and red LED. Before the update, the two not being used (but assigned) were dimmed but still glowing a bit. The one being used was lit fully. You choose another, and that one becomes fully lit. It was like that on all factory presets too. Now only the one being selected is lit up.

Before (the yellow one is a lot brighter and fully lit, but the camera haven’t picked it up properly
View attachment 67510

and this is after the update.
View attachment 67512
could you test something real quick?

can you set the 1st 2 switches to "Default" switch color? (this will make them Red, but don't choose red, choose default.) do the lights show up dimmed now?

i wonder if the custom color is the issue. thanks.

could you test something real quick?

can you set the 1st 2 switches to "Default" switch color? (this will make them Red, but don't choose red, choose default.) do the lights show up dimmed now?

i wonder if the custom color is the issue. thanks.
I just tried it, and it still didn’t change anything.
What is weird is, all of the factory presets are acting the same way. They are off, no LED’s. But I just tried making a new preset from scratch. All of them are dimmed and working properly at first. But as soon as I touch anything on fc controller page they all go off.

I just tried it, and it still didn’t change anything.
What is weird is, all of the factory presets are acting the same way. They are off, no LED’s. But I just tried making a new preset from scratch. All of them are dimmed and working properly at first. But as soon as I touch anything on fc controller page they all go off.
Ok thanks for the test. Good information for figuring it out.

@Gojko Ljumovic, thank you for elaborating. I could not get this to happen on my setup. Can you please upload the backup of your system settings ("System + Global Blocks + FC" in FractalBot)? I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

@Gojko Ljumovic, thank you for elaborating. I could not get this to happen on my setup. Can you please upload the backup of your system settings ("System + Global Blocks + FC" in FractalBot)? I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

Yes I will do it tonight.

You wouldn’t happen to have them set up as scene toggle instead of scene select would you? When set to toggle they do not light up when neither scene is selected.

Yes I do. But as far as I remember, they used to be lit up on toggle too? Or I am wrong...?

If your switches are toggling scenes, then I believe that this is expected behavior.
  • 'Primary' scene selected - LED Bright
  • 'Secondary' scene selected - LED Dim
  • Neither scene selected - LED Off

Ex.. Switch 1 set to toggle scenes 1 and 2. Switch 2 set to toggle scenes 3 and 4.
  • Press switch 1, 'Primary' scene (1) loads. Switch 1 LED is bright.
  • Press switch 1 again, 'Secondary' scene (2) loads, Switch 1 LED is dim.
  • Press switch 2, 'Primary' scene (3) loads, Switch 2 LED is bright.
  • Switch 1 LED is off, as neither the 'Primary' or the 'Secondary' scenes are active.

Back
Top Bottom