New Firmware for BJ Devices TB-12

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
I've updated my firmware for owners of the BJ Devices' TB-12 MFC. The latest version 3.3 has some very powerful and flexible features, even in "basic mode" - see below. All completely free for you to use if you like.

There's a Windows settings editor* as well, with a built-in emulator so you can test your settings while you edit them!

More info and download here:
http://bjdevices.com/wiki/doku.php?id=gm_arts_tb-12_v3

Not a TB-12 owner? I've started work on the next version which will support all BJ TB models with a flexible footswitch layout (put any function on any footswitch). This will include the same features as version 3.3.

Basic operation has:
> 16 banks of 5 patches (total 80 patches)
> 10 effects including Tap
> Tap can switch on additional effects after a defined number of presses
> 4 different effect footswitch modes, including toggle and momentary
> Effect footswitches can send 2 messages, which can be CC messages or setting relay states
> CC messages can have any off or on value (allowing reverse operation, or switching between different levels - much more than typical off/on “IA” messages)
> Effects can belong to groups, to ensure only one effect is on in the group
> Supports both pedals, with optional effect switching at heel-down position
> Edit program numbers and their initial effect states on the MFC
> Can backtrack patches, optionally with their effect states and bank changes
> Supports Axe-FX II functions: tuner, patch names, effect states, tap tempo with tempo backtracking
> ... and more

Advanced options add these features:
> 16 banks of 10 patches (total 160 patches)
> Send additional messages and set relay states with program changes
> Set the order of events for program changes
> Up to 200 library messages, each of which can be one or more MIDI messages such as system exclusives, NRPN messages, CC messages, and can also include special commands to control the MFC
> Library messages can be sent instead of a CC message with patch changes and from effect footswitches
> Up to over 100 overrides (depending on complexity) - for example, an override could be: “In patches A3, B4 and H2, effect footswitch 3 will control a phaser instead of an overdrive”

* The editor needs Windows .net - there are instructions in the documentation. I've also had some feedback that a virus scanner reports the editor as a virus simply because it hasn't been downloaded often (which is ridiculous of course)! Nevertheless, you should always scan all programs you download before use.

I own a TB-11P and would like to see an update for that.
Thanks a lot for your effort.

I own a TB-11P and would like to see an update for that.
Thanks a lot for your effort.

Firmware is nearly done to support all models with a flexible footswitch layout, and I've just started on the editor. Then there's testing and documentation :-( Realistically, I hope to have it ready in a couple of months.

At this early stage, it looks good. Probably easier to configure than earlier versions.

Not with this firmware, way too many features for that to be practical. I hope to have a beta version out quite soon with documentation, so have a read when it comes out and see if has features you want.

Would it be possible in the future, to have 2 shift buttons? It would be nice to have 3 times 10 button pages at the tips of your toes. Shift 1 button for shift 1 page, and main page, shift 2 button for shift 2 page, and main page, this way you can jump to any page from any page.

So main page could be bank up down and 8 presets. Shift one page 5 scenes and 5 ia's and shift 2 page odball stuff like less frequent used ia's and looper.

would be nice!!!

Would it be possible in the future, to have 2 shift buttons? It would be nice to have 3 times 10 button pages at the tips of your toes. Shift 1 button for shift 1 page, and main page, shift 2 button for shift 2 page, and main page, this way you can jump to any page from any page.

So main page could be bank up down and 8 presets. Shift one page 5 scenes and 5 ia's and shift 2 page odball stuff like less frequent used ia's and looper.

would be nice!!!

Already implemented with a page system. Models TB-12 and TB-11P have 3 pages (total of effectively up to 36 footswitches for TB-12). Other models have 4 pages, so that's up to 32 footswitches for the TB-8. Then you can nearly double that if you want to use dual footswitch functions available on many footswitch types!

I've been using the beta version live for a couple of gigs now and all seems good. Testing and documentation is tedious, but I hope to have a beta version out for TB-12 quite soon.

Awesome!!! I am currently saving for an axe 2, i bet the tb 12 will be there with it. I currently use a gsp1101. A bit older these days, but you can get decent sounds out of it. Maybe i can buy a tb12 a bit sooner, and use it with the gsp?

Back
Top Bottom