New Firmware 4.0 Factory Presets Not Loading

Robberns

For some reason I can't get the new factory presets to load into my FM3.
Or at least it doesn't look like they are loading.
Updated firmware to 4.0, updated FM3 Edit, downloaded new factory presets, used FractalBot to send the new presets (All Banks) to the FM3.
It looks like it is successful, and I refreshed FM3 Edit, but all of my old presets are still in the unit.
Don't think I'm missing any steps here but wondered if anyone else is experiencing this.

I saw the exact same thing. If you click on the preset, does the name change? For example, I had replaced preset 001 a long time ago with a Mesa Mark IV preset I built myself. When I installed the new factory presets, 001 was still called "Mark IV" but when I loaded it, the name changed to "65 Bassguy". It still didn't change the name in the preset picker, though.

I reimported them via preset manager instead of FractalBot and that fixed it.

I was able to import a single preset from the new 4.0 banks using FM3 Edit/Preset/Import Preset.
But that only imports one at a time.
Other than FractalBot, is there a way to load all of the new presets at once?

The way I did it was open the manager (Tools -> Manage Presets), open up the browser pane to the left and then drag the sysex of all banks into it. That should load all of them in the left pane; select all of them and drag them to the preset pane on the right. It'll overwrite everything serially, so give it a few minutes.

When you import presets via a different tool, don’t forget to refresh the preset list.

When you import presets via a different tool, don’t forget to refresh the preset list.
I was having the same issue. The presets were on the FM3 but I need to refresh the editor before I could see them in the editor.

Back
Top Bottom