AFIII New Fender FSR American Strat Ultra demo with Axe-Fx III

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

I received that Strat a few weeks ago, but wanted to change the pickups before making a demo, as I'm not a fan of noiseless pickups.

0:00 impro with looper, 3:27 clean sounds, 5:05 crunch, 5:23 high gain

It's a Fender FSR American Ultra Stratocaster, which has been customized with Fender Fat 50s pickups and a EMG SPC, aka the fat boost, as used by David Gilmour. I'll change the pickups cover though, only got the Fat 50s in parchment white, which don't match the body colour well.

Recorded with Axe-Fx III with firmware 22 beta, more details on youtube

Last edited:
Thank you ! I recorded demos for 6 different guitars on the same day, but I don't want to post them all at the same time ;)

As said before, your vai influence is great!

Did you use a preset from ine of your packs? If yes please share the info.
I would like to use it with the DG-20 in my strat. Also i'm looking for another trem system for that strat. What trem are you using? seems to work great and fluently im looking for something like that.

Thank you in advance
Cheers 🍻

Hello, it's the stock trem of the guitar. For details on the presets used, check the description on YouTube.
Thanks for your comments!

Love your playing, T! Maybe it’s just me but I kinda like the look of those pickups in that guitar.

Love your playing, T! Maybe it’s just me but I kinda like the look of those pickups in that guitar.
Thank you :) I already changed the covers, did that yesterday and took that pic :
PXL_20230428_085737869.MP resized.jpg

The middle pickup on the Nashville Telecaster is one of the stock pickups that came with the Strat. It sounds the same than the stock Telecaster one, but its cover was white, and I didn't like the three different pickup colors. Btw, there's also a demo of that Telecaster, as I recorded demos for 6 different guitars the same day - either new guitars, or new pickups config. It's still unlisted for now as I don't want to publish all the videos at the same time, so, I'm posting the link in this thread only. That instrument as the "quackiest" sound of all my instruments in bridge + middle position :

Thank you :) I already changed the covers, did that yesterday and took that pic :
View attachment 120231

The middle pickup on the Nashville Telecaster is one of the stock pickups that came with the Strat. It sounds the same than the stock Telecaster one, but its cover was white, and I didn't like the three different pickup colors. Btw, there's also a demo of that Telecaster, as I recorded demos for 6 different guitars the same day - either new guitars, or new pickups config. It's still unlisted for now as I don't want to publish all the videos at the same time, so, I'm posting the link in this thread only. That instrument as the "quackiest" sound of all my instruments in bridge + middle position :

It does look more cohesive with the black covers. Just a good looking guitar, either way!

I just added a few more videos :

Got this guitar last year, here's I'm playing it with a few effects that helps cover the fact that I'm a terrible acoustic player, and specially with nylon strings. Never had a nylon strings guitar before last year, and I barely played it. It's just here in case I need it !

Last video recorded with my Harley Benton Fusion III, before selling it to a friend in Madagascar. This time, it has a pair of Bare Knuckle Brute Force pickups. Demo recorded with firmware 22 beta, using my own presets and IRs (not the dyna-cabs of the beta firmware)

View attachment 120231

Sounds great!

Can you compare the tone of the Nashville bridge pickup to the one on a normal strat?
I played that guitar in a store recently, hard to tell in that context, but it didn't blow me away.
You sound much better with it :)

Sounds great!

Can you compare the tone of the Nashville bridge pickup to the one on a normal strat?
I played that guitar in a store recently, hard to tell in that context, but it didn't blow me away.
You sound much better with it :)
Thanks! The bridge pickup is a DiMarzio Twang King, and the neck one too. Much better than the stock noiseless pickups. I can make a comparison but as no pickups are stock, even in the Strat, it won't help you much. But I'll do it when I'll start playing again. I didn't play any guitar since the 4th May, first because I was at Madagascar, and since getting back I'm recovering from food poisoning. I love Madagascar but Madagascar hates me, lol, second time that I endure that 😁🤢🤢

Back
Top Bottom