• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New Fender Brent Mason Tele

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Sweet! Brent Mason IS Nashville. His Tele is heard on basically everything, by every country artist, since the 90's. Famous for routinely "dumbing down" his solos so that the touring guitarists would be able to play them live :)

Brent-Mason-Tele.jpg

skunc

Experienced
I built out a few of the Valley Arts version. Fun guitar. Wiring was interesting. Essentially tele with three humbuckers.

Andy Eagle

Power User
MOJO always = BS or snake oil.

The E and B will be pressing down twice as hard as all the others strings with it like that.

favance

Power User
I wonder if Brent Mason was concerned about the string tree and why a player of his caliber would not object if it didn't have some functional purpose? He sure has made this guitar design sing! I would love to have his chops and musical provenance!

Knobs McGee

Inspired
Carl is a fine and versatile player. Nice sounding pickups but the body sounded a bit thumpy to me...not much high frequency sustain. I am listening on my phone though.

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
If the neck is anything like his Valley Arts sig model, it will be freakin' huge. Those guitars had the thickest necks I've ever held in my hand.

Top Bottom